Build threads/videos??

PB Forum :: Downhill
Build threads/videos??
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 15:41 Quote
Has anyone any good links for build threads/videos? I’m currently building a demo8 after sourcing a ridiculously cheap Ex display frame. I’m fairly mechanically inclined but the plague of different parts and specifications that has infected the bike industry of late has my head hurting! Help!

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 21:39 Quote
If you're building up a new frame, it's probably best to 1st look up the specs for the particular year of the frame. This will give you information like seat post diameter, rear axle size, etc. You don't need to put the same specific parts, but it will give you an idea of what your looking for and what will work for the frame.

For example:

https://www.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Bikes,3/Specialized/Demo-8-I-Alloy,19493

From there, it's a matter of looking at Youtube video's to figure out how to install the various components. This can include not so common things like how to and what is required to fish new shift cables through a frame, how to install a star nut, etc. I've now been able to build up some bikes starting from frames this way.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 10:51 Quote
Thanks, I’ve kind of got that far already. I was after specific recommendations of threads/videos of complete start to finish builds.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006296
Mobile Version of Website