Buyer wants refund

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Buyer wants refund
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 18:30 Quote
So I sold a guy my 2015 Scott Genius 700 tuned. The lockout wasn't installed when he bought it from me. When when he got home, he took it to a shop and got them to install the lockout, and discovered it didn't work with the lockout. Note I took the lockout off to reduce clutter. He is very upset and is demanding a refund.
I won't accept a return tho.
Am I right where I stand?

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 18:47 Quote
joshboi wrote:
So I sold a guy my 2015 Scott Genius 700 tuned. The lockout wasn't installed when he bought it from me. When when he got home, he took it to a shop and got them to install the lockout, and discovered it didn't work with the lockout. Note I took the lockout off to reduce clutter. He is very upset and is demanding a refund.

Did you tell him about the lock out..?

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 18:50 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
joshboi wrote:

Did you tell him about the lock out..?

I didn't ever use the lock out. I removed it when I bought the bike. I didn't even mention or show the lock out in my ad, but he asked for it so I dug it out and gave it to him.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 19:16 Quote
Did he say whether or not the bike shop said it is repairable? Did they give him a quote?
In his first few messages did he ask about the lever, or was it an afterthought once the deal was wrapped up?
Your ad does mention the twinloc lever btw

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 20:17 Quote
blazekelly wrote:
Did he say whether or not the bike shop said it is repairable? Did they give him a quote?
In his first few messages did he ask about the lever, or was it an afterthought once the deal was wrapped up?
Your ad does mention the twinloc lever btw
True I did mention it I guess. Bike shop never gave him a quote. Just said it only firms up doesn't fully lock the rear shock like when it was new.

Posted: Sep 7, 2019 at 20:10 Quote
joshboi wrote:

Did you get this issue resolved ? I am of the opinion that as a buyer of a used bike, or anything for that matter, you take a risk. Now if the lockout was the only thing in question and everything else is in good working order l don't see a problem with not giving him a refund. Just my opinion !

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 2:35 Quote
Most forks and shocks will only firm up and not fully lock out. Full lockout can actually hurt and hinder suspension so it will still push through even it it's in "lock" mode

I'd be saying you want to talk to the shop buddy's had it at, sounds like it could just be as simple as a cable not hooked up correctly or something stupid as well...

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:28 Quote
joshboi wrote:

Caveat Emptor

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008458
Mobile Version of Website