Bottom tube protection

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 5:34 Quote
Bought alloy troy 29. No lower tube protection.

Can anyone recommend after market?

Looking for something stronger than the carbon skins.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 19:00 Quote
RockGuardz or MYO Kydex

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 13:19 Quote
Old tyre,strapped to the downtube.

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 13:49 Quote
if its alloy you don't need that much protection- just slap some 3m tape on there

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 5:51 Quote
Oscarewald wrote:
if its alloy you don't need that much protection- just slap some 3m tape on there

I've seen some good photos of rocks denting the bottom pretty bad.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 8:14 Quote
"if its alloy you don't need that much protection- just slap some 3m tape on there"

3M is a brand and makes all types of tapes amongst others, what type of 3M tape are
you suggesting ?

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
If you hit it hard enough to dent the alloy, then even if you plastic protection is likely to have broken and still left a dent, maybe just not quite is big.

Dented alloy is an interesting one as the dent will change the strength of the tube. If it is near to a weld then there is the potential to have hidden damage in the weld with additional stress. Small dings on the main part of a tube are not going to be a concern but something significant near the bottom bracket would raise questions.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 13:11 Quote
Try ordering it from a Devinci dealer. They can usually order parts that are not sold through webshops.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 14:32 Quote
You could make your own out of a heat mold-able plastic. I made one for my Ragley and a shuttle pad for my Jeffsy out of kydex. Cut it to size, throw it in the toaster oven for a minute, mold to frame, then use double sided tape to hold in place.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 3:02 Quote
Super25 wrote:
You could make your own out of a heat mold-able plastic. I made one for my Ragley and a shuttle pad for my Jeffsy out of kydex. Cut it to size, throw it in the toaster oven for a minute, mold to frame, then use double sided tape to hold in place.

Yeah I actually ordered then kyvex plastic and waiting for delivery.

I guess I'll 3m double side tape it on

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008986
Mobile Version of Website