"Error finding an edge" What does this mean?

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
"Error finding an edge" What does this mean?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 12:51 Quote
I am trying to create a route with the ride planner, and after clicking my starting point and then clicking the first trail I want to ride, it shows a pop-up error stating: "Routing Problem. Error finding an edge." What does this mean and what do I need to do to prevent it? See the attached screenshot.

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 23:37 Quote
Those roads and the brown path are not "mapped" on Trailforks, they are just part of the basemap image. We can only route along paths mapped in our Trails database. If you wanted to route along that brown road, trail? It will need to be added to Trailforks.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Those roads and the brown path are not "mapped" on Trailforks, they are just part of the basemap image. We can only route along paths mapped in our Trails database. If you wanted to route along that brown road, trail? It will need to be added to Trailforks.

Thanks. I'll see if I can figure out how to add this section to Trailforks.

Follow-up question:
When I look at this same area of the map on the "Overview" tab, that section looks like a road:

But when I switch the "Route Planner" tab, it appears as if that same section it becomes a trail:

Why does this happen? I guess this is why I was confused that this section is NOT routable, since it is no longer a "road" when I am building my route, but rather it looks like a trail that should be able to be included in my route...

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008323
Mobile Version of Website