SRAM MTH 716 hub end cap for Rockshox convert to fit Fox fork? Need help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
SRAM MTH 716 hub end cap for Rockshox convert to fit Fox fork? Need help
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 19:41 Quote
As said, need end caps for SRAM hub to fit a Fox fork. I can see why SRAM would not offer an end cap to fit a competitors fork, but dang this is a problem I have to figure out. I really don't want to have to buy wheels or a fork and wheels. Hoping for a simple solution, end caps would be ideal. Cool

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 19:53 Quote
It sounds like you have a non boost hub and a boost fork? Sram and fox forks will take the same hub as long as they are the same (boost/boost or non boost/non boost)
If that's the case just look for boost adapters that fit your hub.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 21:51 Quote
gmoss wrote:
As said, need end caps for SRAM hub to fit a Fox fork. I can see why SRAM would not offer an end cap to fit a competitors fork, but dang this is a problem I have to figure out. I really don't want to have to buy wheels or a fork and wheels. Hoping for a simple solution, end caps would be ideal. Cool

https://www.sabinocycles.com/product/sram-mth-716-conversion-caps-226450-1.htm

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 4:09 Quote
Not the same. SRAM started using these torque caps which only fit their forks, Rockshox. I ordered the end caps, which are not available in boost and had to order a problem solvers brake, end cap adapter kit. Frickin' stoopid is what it is.

All should be good later this week when my parts come in. I will update.

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 6:09 Quote
I wanted to update this thread in case someone else runs into this. I bought the SRAM endcaps and the Problem solvers adapter kit. Ended up not needing the adapter kit as the endcaps fit perfectly. Since the hub is boost, I did not need the boost adapter. I wish SRAM's info was more clear...

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 12:42 Quote
I'm going through this exact same issue. found a "bargain set of wheels" didnt read the fine print on the hubs.... torque caps on a fox fork. just out of interest, which end caps did you purchase? the ones listed above in his thread or the ones listed on sram's website?

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 4:31 Quote
If you need the Boost non torque caps for the Sram MTH 716 front wheel, google search that and you will find it. I ended up ordering from the LBS to get it so I don't readily have a part #.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006818
Mobile Version of Website