E Bikes

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 11:40 Quote
I’m planning on buying an e bike . What’s good , what’s not ? There are so many brands out there .

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 18:53 Quote
Big-fish wrote:
I’m planning on buying an e bike . What’s good , what’s not ? There are so many brands out there .

I have over 12,000km on ebikes over the last 2 1/2 seasons. I also ride for devinci, and the reason is I absolutely love the AC XT. Basically when looking or trying any e-bike which you should do, you really want the biggest travel as they are climb similar, you also want a removable battery as then you can carry a spare for longer rides or when you come home you can switch the battery for someone else or have another ride before the other battery is fully charged. You may not need it for the first 3-5 months or season but trust me you will want one in the second season.

The two top bikes I think right now are the devinci ac xt and the specialized kenevo, with the kenevo 2020 will be upgraded but you can find good deals now on 2019 or 2018 kenevos and the older battery style will also be cheaper. The new levo is awesome but if you ride in bC trust me you will want the bigger suspension. Most of the other bikes are 160 mm travel and more xc all mountain style over the devinci and kevevo. But try them all, easy to rent, try or hit up a demo so you find the best one.

Personally the devinci wins becasue at 8500.00 for the top of the line you get a sick bike, the equivalent bike in the kenevo is 10,500.00 the pivot shuttle is 12,000 for the smae shimano motor and lower suspension and not really any better parts. You do not need carbon as it saves about 1/2 pound. Also get the bike set up with cush core, as you will eventually ding the rims as the bikes is heavier but more importantly you will be riding it harder and going faster down hill and will eventually ding a rim if you are running tubelsss, so do it from the beginning. I ride every day usually 2 rides here in squamish totalling 40-50km and you will love it. Better fitness, was a pro rider for 16 years and still am a pro athlete riding sleds for ski doo etc. more riding and way more fun! hit me up if you have any questions be glad to help out...

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008372
Mobile Version of Website