Do you want to make Pinkbike and Trailforks better? Pinkbike is looking for full time Software Developers - Check Available Jobs

Will TRP rotors work with Shimano calipers?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Will TRP rotors work with Shimano calipers?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 21:32 Quote
Hello. I'm putting together a hardtail and will be using Shimano SLX M7000 calipers. Due to budget constraints, I'm thinking of using 180mm TRP rotors. They're less than half the price of the Shimano rotors. According to their website, the TRP rotors are thicker than their Shimano counterparts (2.3mm vs 1.8mm) by 0.5mm; will this be an issue? Any light shed on this matter would be much appreciated.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 5:55 Quote
booked-for-simulation wrote:
Hello. I'm putting together a hardtail and will be using Shimano SLX M7000 calipers. Due to budget constraints, I'm thinking of using 180mm TRP rotors. They're less than half the price of the Shimano rotors. According to their website, the TRP rotors are thicker than their Shimano counterparts (2.3mm vs 1.8mm) by 0.5mm; will this be an issue? Any light shed on this matter would be much appreciated.
Thats quite a difference, calipers from Shimano are built for 1.8mm, i know SRAM 2mm are also OK, you would have to push pistons way back to avoid rubbing. Would go with Shimano rotors to be on a safe side. Price difference here is like 10$ a set between SLX and TRP rotor....

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 1:07 Quote
onyxss wrote:
Price difference here is like 10$ a set between SLX and TRP rotor....

$10 is the price for one rotor here in the PI...

Thanks for the input!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010046
Mobile Version of Website