Do you want to make Pinkbike and Trailforks better? Pinkbike is looking for full time Software Developers - Check Available Jobs

Advice on possible bike trade

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Advice on possible bike trade
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 11:09 Quote
Hi All,

Hoping for some advice.Is this a good trade or would I be getting less quality bike?

I am selling my 2017 Santa Cruz Bronson CS build. Size medium. Here is my posting with all details and pics: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/812077615856459/

Probably only have 10 hours of ride time. Like new condition. My original plan was to sell and buy a decent used 600-700$ DJer and save the left over cash.

However, someone offered me a straight up trade for a custom built DJer and I want to see if this would be a good trade or I would be selling myself short and I should stick with original plan for a used 600$ DJer and selling the Bronson?.

Only additions I've made to my Bronson are:

-Race Face Chester pedals
-Race Face grips
-mudguard
-MRP bash guard to protect front sprocket, crank arm protectors. I also protected vulnerable areas of the frame with 3m invisiguard.automotive tape.

The MSRP was $4,599.00 (paid 4,000$ out the door)

Full specs:
ChainSRAM PC1130
HubsNovatec D541 Torque Cap; 15x110mm (Front); Novatec D542; 12x148mm (Rear)
TiresMaxxis Minion DHF EXO TR; 27.5x2.3 (Front); Maxxis Minion DHR2 TR; 27.5x2.3 (Rear)
Frame ConstructionSanta Cruz Carbon C, 150mm travel, 148x12mm thru-axle
Fork Brand & ModelRock Shox Pike RC 150 Solo Air
FrameSanta Cruz Carbon C, 150mm travel, 148x12mm thru-axle
Rims/WheelsRace Face AR27
SpokesDT Swiss Champion
Chainrings32 Tooth
ShiftersSRAM GX
HandlebarsRace Face Chester, 785mm, 35mm clamp
Tape/GripsSanta Cruz Palmdale Lock-on
StemRaceface Turbine Basic 35mm clamp
Brake LeversSRAM Guide R
BrakesSRAM Guide R w/Avid Centerline 180mm Rotors
Seat PostRockshox Reverb Stealth; 31.6x125mm (S), 150mm (M-L), 170mm (XL)
Accessories & ExtrasIncludes Stan's NoTubes sealant for tires
CranksetRace Face Aeffect AL
Rear ShockRock Shox Monarch RT
Rear DerailleurSRAM GX 1x11
HeadsetCane Creek 40 series tapered, cartridge bearing
SaddleWTB Volt Race
Rear CogsSRAM XG1150 10-42

They are offering for trade this custom DJ - specs and details below:

-Black Market Edit 1 Frame Powder Coated Gloss Black.
-Frame size Medium
-Manitou Circus Expert 100MM Suspension Fork W/Lockout.
- FSA Purple Headset & Top Cap.
- RaceFace Turbine 170MM Crankset W/RaceFace Bottom Bracket.
-RaceFace 32T Purple Chainring.
-Deity T-Mac Purple Pedals.:
-12T Cog.
-Endless Bikes Fibonacci Purple Spacer Kit.
-Shadow Conspiracy Interlock Supreme Half Link White Chain.
-Deity Villain Handlebars Powder Coated Gloss Black.
-Deity Fathom Stem Powder Coated Gloss White.
-ODI Vans Lock On Grips W/Purple ODI Clamps.
-SDG BelAir 2.0 Saddle.
-Deity Tibia Seatpost Powder Coated Gloss Black.
-Spank Spoon Hubs On Spank Subrosa Rims W/DT Swiss Purple Nipples.
-26x2.35 Kenda Small Block Eight Folding Bead Tires.

Here are all the details on the frame:

http://blackmarketbikes.com/product/476/

They also have a rear disc brake that is not installed and brand new that will be included.

Here is what the seller said:
"my husband and I built it up ourselves. Took over a year to build it up, and bike is literally like brand new, and all the parts as mentioned are new, and nothing needs to be serviced. As far as a rear brake we have one, just never installed it so can most definitely include it. As mentioned it took us a good year and a half to build this bike up, and once built my husband only rode it a few times around our house on the streets with myself and our kids, and never even took it to the jumps.He has been wanting a full suspension bike, since we have a ton of trails in and around us, so your bike would be perfect. Figured you would be getting what you are wanting/looking for and vice versa"

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 11:29 Quote
well their pink bike add is asking 1249 so I don't think you need any advice just another 1500 your way.......

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 13:06 Quote
Thanks... Didn't know they had it posted on here for that much cheaper..... Thanks for pointing that out. So looks like this would not be a good trade unless they threw in cash.

Anyone else have opinions?

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
My experience has almost always been that when someone approaches me about trading, it is always in their favor, hoping you will bite and they can get rid of something they have not had luck with selling outright. I have traded dirt bikes a couple times, and it worked out, but took some work and we were local.

Seems to me you have a bike that is easier to sell (larger market), and worth more money...and I know nothing about DJ bikes...

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 14:54 Quote
Doogie711 wrote:
well their pink bike add is asking 1249 so I don't think you need any advice just another 1500 your way.......

+1

You can pick up used DJs for pretty cheap, especially if you aren't sure if you want to commit long term to it and break the bank. I picked one up recently for ~500. You're better off selling the SC for cash and buying what you want in terms of a DJ. Given the ad says that they are out of work and bills are piling up, I don't see the trader to offer cash on their end.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011014
Mobile Version of Website