Best DH park within 6-8 hours from Denver that isn't Trestle or Keystone?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Best DH park within 6-8 hours from Denver that isn't Trestle or Keystone?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 14:06 Quote
Looking to take a trip out of town to ride some new park. Been riding the shit out of Trestle all season. Don't want to drive more than 6 hours really, but tempted to check out Grand Targhee. I ride both the flow/jump trails and the tech/rocky/dh stuff, but have been having more fun on the jump lines lately. CB? Angelfire? other?

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 19:54 Quote
Angel Fire has a few good jump lines that are really well designed, and a few tracks that are combinations of tech to jumps. I love the park

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 20:57 Quote
Angel Fire. If you compare trail maps it's a simple choice.

Used to live in the area and spend every weekend at Angel Fire and for change of scenery we would drive up to Trestles (as they used to have exchange days) once a season (and Keystone on occasion).

As season is starting to wind down, worth asking a season pass holder if they still have any of their 50% off buddy passes (4 per pass).

Always remind people going there, get up early as the monsoons can take a beautiful sunny morning into downpours quickly and sometimes ruin a day (or weekend).

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 12:18 Quote
Positively, Angel Fire.
I ride both Trestle and Angel 4-6 times a summer, each.
If you go, Boulder Dash, Upper and lower Downhill Supreme, Candy Land, and above all, Hungry Hippo.
Hungry Hippo is like a big long 36th Chamber. Boulder Dash is like a shorter Rain Maker. You'll love it, but hurry as their season ends fairly soonish. I think they are done with weekdays already and are just open on the weekend now.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 10:02 Quote
ErronS wrote:
Positively, Angel Fire.
I ride both Trestle and Angel 4-6 times a summer, each.
If you go, Boulder Dash, Upper and lower Downhill Supreme, Candy Land, and above all, Hungry Hippo.
Hungry Hippo is like a big long 36th Chamber. Boulder Dash is like a shorter Rain Maker. You'll love it, but hurry as their season ends fairly soonish. I think they are done with weekdays already and are just open on the weekend now.

interesting. On their calendar, it shows weekends until late October.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 10:08 Quote
Any love for Aspen/Snowmass? I'm heading there next month, is it well regarded with the locals?

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 14:18 Quote
Definitely angel fire.
I havent ridden aspen, I've heard it's good and not heavily visited so that could be a good option.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 21:09 Quote
Angel fire is sweet, especially during the week, barely anybody there. I hope to ride a couple more times there before season ends.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 7:54 Quote
ElJeremy wrote:
Angel fire is sweet, especially during the week, barely anybody there. I hope to ride a couple more times there before season ends.

I'm trying to make it down there before the season is over too.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
Let me know when I’m in the springs, if meet up. Last time I was there I wrecked my ribs on a tree On Pinball.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010074
Mobile Version of Website