NZ Sram guide warranty

PB Forum :: Australia / New-Zealand
NZ Sram guide warranty
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 16:49 Quote
Hey guys, I have a set of guides and levels with the levers that don't retract.
It looks like the classic swollen lever pistons which are all meant to qualify for warranty replacement, but they were on second hand bikes or the brakes bought second hand on their own.
I called a few bike shops here in chch, and they've both said no dice if you don't have the original bike sale receipt
Does anyone know if is it possible to get these warrantied at all?

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 17:59 Quote
That is how it works in Canada. It is not too hard to just fix them, there has to be a shop that in NZ that will sort that out.

jayray32 wrote:
Hey guys, I have a set of guides and levels with the levers that don't retract.
It looks like the classic swollen lever pistons which are all meant to qualify for warranty replacement, but they were on second hand bikes or the brakes bought second hand on their own.
I called a few bike shops here in chch, and they've both said no dice if you don't have the original bike sale receipt
Does anyone know if is it possible to get these warrantied at all?

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 0:27 Quote
If its just a case of skimming the plastic piston down on a lathe, I can do that.
I wasn't sure if they've updated the seals as well, and if it was possible to get them warrantied it would just be easier.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 5:43 Quote
Yep, it's easy to resize the plunger, I do several sets a week. I don't have a lathe so I resize by hand with a cordless drill and a piece of 80 grit sandpaper. Re warranty: Unless it's a recall item, second owners aren't eligible to claim for warranties - unless the seller can stump up P.O.P and lodge the warranty on your behalf...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007988
Mobile Version of Website