Insurgent or LB?

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 18:49 Quote
hey guys im looking at a new frame and im looking at a Evil Insurgent or Insurgent LB

Im looking at the 2017 insurgent and its 1400 on evo but the LB is around 2600 and I was wondering if the Insurgent LB was worth the 1200 dollar price gap.

If anyone has any thoughts please let me know

thanks!

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 19:18 Quote
ewikpark wrote:
hey guys im looking at a new frame and im looking at a Evil Insurgent or Insurgent LB

Im looking at the 2017 insurgent and its 1400 on evo but the LB is around 2600 and I was wondering if the Insurgent LB was worth the 1200 dollar price gap.

If anyone has any thoughts please let me know

thanks!

You get boost spacing!

I dont see a massive advantage to be honest, colors are better

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 7:35 Quote
I think the seat angle is better on the newest frames, older ones are slacker, fine for less steep climbs or if you are short. The newer frames are better for taller people and steeper climbs. The reach may also be longer on the newer frames.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 10:40 Quote
joelsman wrote:
I think the seat angle is better on the newest frames, older ones are slacker, fine for less steep climbs or if you are short. The newer frames are better for taller people and steeper climbs. The reach may also be longer on the newer frames.

I'm 5'11, so do you think that the price increase is worth it? I'm coming on a Medium Devinci Spartan 2017 that's way too small for me and for reference on my reach I felt right at home on a medium Yeti SB150.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 15:47 Quote
I would think yes, it is worth it, I'm 6ft and would notice, I notice my current bike, nomad 3, is slacker than I like and it isn't as slack as the older evil frames.
Of course this depends on how steep your climbs are, I ride some steep climbs so my butt ends up too far back and makes the front end just about come off the ground. That can make it hard to climb. That is the reason why they are on sale and not sold.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 16:10 Quote
joelsman wrote:
I would think yes, it is worth it, I'm 6ft and would notice, I notice my current bike, nomad 3, is slacker than I like and it isn't as slack as the older evil frames.
Of course this depends on how steep your climbs are, I ride some steep climbs so my butt ends up too far back and makes the front end just about come off the ground. That can make it hard to climb. That is the reason why they are on sale and not sold.

I think the climbs that I do aren't very steep. They are mostly fire road climbs but there is one steep ish climb and that's about it.

How about the downhill performance? The insurgent LB is also going to win, right?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009187
Mobile Version of Website