PB Forum :: BMX (20")
best tire ?
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 14:23 Quote
speedydropoffboy wrote:
BMX8000 wrote:
But any way Animal ASM or GLH practically bomb proof.Fireman

ASM suck donkeys ass i wore mine down in 2 weeks
It's not possible unless all you did was skid all day for those 2 weeks, and even so any other tire would have wore out quicker than the ASM.

Animal, Revenge, Odyssey, KHE, etc basically anything available at a BMX specific shop that isn't in the race section or very cheap will be solid enough for street/park. Buying very light tires might mean more flats but lighter bike. Buying heavier tires might mean no flats but more rotational weight. You just have to consider these things, aswell as how long a tire lasts, how fast it rolls, and what the price is. There's no best tire, you just have to try some and see what you like most.

I currently have an Odyssey Path P-Lyte in the rear and Animal GLH in the front. Reason why is simple, I got them for $20. The Odyssey one is pretty light and solid. The Animal is heavy (you can get a GLH-R now that is lighter) but strong and lasts a long time.

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 15:45 Quote
run a maxxis miricale. its a high psi tire thats looks like a slic with one groove down the center

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 15:54 Quote
pinkpearldrums wrote:
run a maxxis miricale. its a high psi tire thats looks like a slic with one groove down the center
Are u serious. the miracle s only for vert and maybe street. It would drown in dirt.

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 16:00 Quote
if u ride it on hard pack its not that bad but bad. on soft park it is all over the place

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 16:01 Quote
BMX8000 wrote:
pinkpearldrums wrote:
Are u serious. the miracle s only for vert and maybe street. It would drown in dirt.
He said he wants a park tire, so why does it matter if it's good in dirt?

If you ride dirt all you want is a front tire with more grip and maybe wider.

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
i know!does any 1 no bout the oddeseey elm street tire and the primo pro i got them for free in a draing at a bikeshop

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 19:01 Quote
So far I'm stoked on my KHE Park, lightest street tire I've heard of.
If you want something light, look for foldable tires, like the new animals or the KHE. If you really want strong sidewall, go with the street version of the KHE or if you don't mind, go with the park ones.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 21:11 Quote
BCripper420 wrote:
just get maxxis holy rollers

those are realy heavy.. get the animal asm.... or the demolition kevlar slicks (half the weight).

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 4:49 Quote
dawids wrote:
BCripper420 wrote:
just get maxxis holy rollers

those are realy heavy.. get the animal asm.... or the demolition kevlar slicks (half the weight).
The ASM is almost half a pound heavier then the Holy Roller. Not looking up the other weight, but just so you know.

They are totally different tires though, so why would you compare them? If you ride dirt the Holy Roller would sit nice in the front. The ASM is a street tire, and would do bad in dirt.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013940
Mobile Version of Website