Please help

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 8:13 Quote
Hey everybody, I've just purchased a bike through someone on pinkbike. I travelled quite a way to get it and I paid cash. The owner said it was only used 4 times and had few scratches and usual wesr and tear. The next morning I inspected the bike more thoroughly and found dents in the rims, dents in the frame along with chips and scratches. The bike shop also told me it needs news brake pads,eagle cassette and chain,dropper post adjustment and basically lots of money spent on it. I dont mind some wear and tear but I think his advert was misleading. Have I got any rights to a full refund? I purchased it yesterday.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 0:36 Quote
Why didn’t you inspect it fully before handing over the cash? Seems a bit mental to pay for something without checking it out properly. Sold as seen in a private buy, it’s up to you to inspect the goods. If I sold a bike then the next day the buyer tried to return it because of things that were not hidden just not picked up by them I’d tell them to do one. He could turn around and say it wasn’t like that when it was sold. Also I probably wouldn’t listen to the bike shop they are there to make money after all, if they think you are silly enough to pay for something without checking it out you might be silly enough to pay for stuff that doesn’t need replacing.Did you even test ride it?

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 1:36 Quote
Having been in the same situation where I inspected carefully for a couple of common issues I missed a crack hidden under a chainstay protector, you are most likely sunk. It was not until I stripped the bike the next morning that it became clear. I contacted the seller who just took the view "sorry mate, you looked at it, tough".

There are plenty of decent people out there but equally there is a growing number who are just out to rip people off.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007962
Mobile Version of Website