Rockshox Yari Setup

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Rockshox Yari Setup
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 14:24 Quote
Hey,

I am looking to find the best setup for the Rockshox Yari (201Cool (170mm). It has been really difficult to setup the fork in a way I like it. At the moment I am running about (30%) sag (50 PSI, I only weigh 130 lbs) with 0 tokens in it. The fork came stock with 1 token but I removed it as it was impossible to bottom out. After taking out the token I found it was still impossible to bottom out yet it has barely any midstroke support. I run 0 clicks of compression and the fork doesn't seem to be very sensitive over smaller rocks and roots. The fork has Rapid Recovery rebound yet for some reason, the forks seems to have very slow rebound. Overall the fork seems to be overly dampened. It handles fine on smoother trails but the moment the trail becomes chunky and rocky it becomes unbearable. I don't know if this has something to do with Motion Control damper or a problem with the fork. It limits how much I can ride in a day as I get a lot of arm pump. I consider myself to be a very aggresive rider and I do a lot of hucks to flat and big compressions. The fork is overly harsh and I don't know what to do.

Thanks,
Alex

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 7:55 Quote
Your Yari... second hand or new? I'm running a 160mm on my Warden and it's like butter smooth. Had the thought to swap it out with a Lyric within the year after the purchase of the bike...that was 2017. But the fork feels great.
I'm running one token.
30% sag.
Rebound 7 clicks from slow... though I'd add a click or two if I were riding hard and fast on chunk.
And compression all the way counter clockwise...unless I'm climbing.
And my 'fun meter' will be found all the way at the top... I use my travel.
I'm thinking your Yari needs some attention.

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 6:55 Quote
My Yari is new as it came on my bike, I run my rebound completely open and it still feels too slow, I don't know if it had been custom tuned which could be leading to the incredibly harsh feel and lack of sensitivity.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 12:10 Quote
Here I have a 2018 160mm RC, super smooth here also. All is brand new almost no use ? To me it looks that there would be some friction... you could remove the lowers and make sure the seals and foam rings are lubricated maybe.

I run around 7 clicks or rebound from fast (If I remember correctly there is about 15 clicks...). Seems fast enough to me. Compression opened also.

You could go for a debonair shaft... those are not so expensive and supposed to help... I think of going that way, but if the rebound is slow... not normal.

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 6:57 Quote
okidou, I plan on taking off the lowers to get them inspected soon. So hopefully it is just dry seals and friction like you said.

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 1:10 Quote
You've probably had it sorted by now, but maybe the DebonAir update kit is worth installing.

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 5:03 Quote
I had the debonair upgrade last winter, about a week before they announced the debonair update. But I was pleased with my fork all this season. I think of making the last update just to get all travel available.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006085
Mobile Version of Website