Frame sizes ,. Does it matter

PB Forum :: 29ers
Frame sizes ,. Does it matter
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 14:58 Quote
So, ive bought a 29 bike that has a sloped top bar. Lovely bike but not sure if at 6'2 it suits me, though the saddle comes way up.
Doesn't particularly say a frame size anywhere.

In days gone by I thought guys had a straight top bar.

Does it matter ???

Posted: Sep 2, 2019 at 5:24 Quote
Not anymore, it seems. In 2012 I bought a large Lapierre that had a seat tube of 50cm, I could only just sit comfortably with a 125mm dropper post so probably should have gone for the 100mm post instead. These days I'm on a large BTR which has a 44cm seat tube and can comfortably run a 185mm dropper post.

At 6.2" you'd probably fit an xl frame with a 160mm dropper nicely, but it's mainly about top tube length these days and picking a 35/50/60mm stem to correct your posture.

You didn't say what frame it was so it's hard to tell exactly about size. If you find it comfortable just enjoy riding it!

Posted: Sep 2, 2019 at 7:24 Quote
Here's an image of it. I wouldn't even know where to begin measuring the frame these days.!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-vS9PokzWd9RlVLPGwMO7mpfpEt3cDHk/view?usp=drivesdk

Posted: Sep 2, 2019 at 8:40 Quote
I would say it's probably a medium. If you measure from the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube you'll have some idea.
It used to be 17.5/18 inches medium and 19 inches large.

You would probably be more comfortable on a large or maybe even extra large (21in) frame.

Maybe sit on a few bikes in a local shop (even a Halfords will do) just to compare what feels better?

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 23:36 Quote
That looks more like a small to me, looks tiny! if you're 6'2" you need a new bike,

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006652
Mobile Version of Website