Main pivot question carbon Seat Stay area in Recluse

PB Forum :: Intense
Main pivot question carbon Seat Stay area in Recluse
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 2, 2019 at 14:09 Quote
The pivot in the spot shown can be wiggled, meaning I can pull the seat stay. I have checked the pivot, the cup and cone thing and it does not tighten this area. Is this normal? The cone adjuster does not seem to snug this up.

https://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q169/tmtbucket/yardsale/20190901_192952_zpskmdrllue.jpg

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 2:52 Quote
mustbeme wrote:
The pivot in the spot shown can be wiggled, meaning I can pull the seat stay. I have checked the pivot, the cup and cone thing and it does not tighten this area. Is this normal? The cone adjuster does not seem to snug this up.

https://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q169/tmtbucket/yardsale/20190901_192952_zpskmdrllue.jpg

Are the bearings shot?

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 3:20 Quote
When you say "Tightening the cone adjuster" are you tightening the 5mm bolt? If so that bolt is only there to pinch the main pivot bolt and hold it in position. You have to remove the 5mm bolt and pop out the cone to get access to a 8mm main pivot bolt. That should be pre-loaded to 60 in-lbs.

But either way its odd for movement to develop. You should be removing the hardware to inspect for any bearing damage.

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 8:08 Quote
I have removed the cone to gain access to the main pivot bolt and tightened to spec
The pivot is fine. I just fine it odd that I can grab the triangle and it moves at the cone. Almost as though the cone is not wide enough. I will take it to local Intense dealer but they are kinda far from my house

Okay I called Intense today and will call back again.
Here is what I did and the feedback I want to offer Intense: I removed the big 8mm bolt/axle. I observe this:
with the loose parts in hand, I can drop the cone into the flared or cup end of the axle and it bottoms out with no resistance. I believe the design is to have the cone spread the axle bushing-end into the carbon triangle pivot as you tighten the outer small allen head bolt. That is what the cone shape is for. It's as though my cone is not wide enough of a "cone".

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 at 17:51 Quote
Update: claim is pending October 4 2019. They seem to be familiar with this issue. I will post some pics

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007428
Mobile Version of Website