I need help picking between 2 bikes?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
I need help picking between 2 bikes?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 12:12 Quote
I am having a tough time deciding between a 2019 Canyon Strive and a 2019 Orbea Rallon.

Both are similar priced and spec'd.

I demoed them both and they are both great bikes.

Now the tough part of choosing which one.

Any thoughts on which one to choose?

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 15:51 Quote
Colour or which dealer is better, warranty stories?

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 17:17 Quote
I have a Rallon and I love it, but my derailleur hanger is $63 sooo just keep that in mind. Rare bike =/= cheap bike

That said it's a FREAKIN. GORGEOUS. bike and super point and shoot. I just go where I want. We're talking shooting balloons at an archery range with a 12 gauge.

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 21:41 Quote
Over here on the north shore we’ve seen issues with both. Canyons are well known for the frames to ovalise is the linkage is left a little loose. For the other bike they cut corners in manufacturing to make them cheaper all round products and cheaped out in the wrong places making them crack and be a pain to replace bearings. I’d say the canyon if you take care of it it will be a better platform.

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 3:54 Quote
I recently bought a 2019 Strive and I am really impressed with it. I can't speak for it's long term reliability but so far it has performed great and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 11:41 Quote
Thanks for the feedback!

ipaman wrote:
I recently bought a 2019 Strive and I am really impressed with it. I can't speak for it's long term reliability but so far it has performed great and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 11:41 Quote
Thanks, that helps!

CAMERONN1303 wrote:
Over here on the north shore we’ve seen issues with both. Canyons are well known for the frames to ovalise is the linkage is left a little loose. For the other bike they cut corners in manufacturing to make them cheaper all round products and cheaped out in the wrong places making them crack and be a pain to replace bearings. I’d say the canyon if you take care of it it will be a better platform.

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 11:42 Quote
Thanks for the feedback!

Etankster wrote:
I have a Rallon and I love it, but my derailleur hanger is $63 sooo just keep that in mind. Rare bike =/= cheap bike

That said it's a FREAKIN. GORGEOUS. bike and super point and shoot. I just go where I want. We're talking shooting balloons at an archery range with a 12 gauge.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007462
Mobile Version of Website