Studded tires

PB Forum :: Fat Bikes
Studded tires
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 18:01 Quote
I'm looking to stud my tires. Anyone know any websites with good deals?

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 18:07 Quote
my-dinner-with-ronald wrote:
I'm looking to stud my tires. Anyone know any websites with good deals?

vee

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 20:47 Quote
Just to clarify. ....I have the tires. I'm looking for a place with good prices to buy the studs. Thanks

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 21:06 Quote
my-dinner-with-ronald wrote:
Just to clarify. ....I have the tires. I'm looking for a place with good prices to buy the studs. Thanks

Oh

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 6:13 Quote
Best 25 ever spent
Unreal GRIP

Kold Kutter for the price and outstanding grip

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 23:01 Quote
sourdiesel wrote:
Best 25 ever spent
Unreal GRIP

Kold Kutter for the price and outstanding grip

Do they fit in the tires that already have holes in them....or do you screw them in like grip studs?

Posted: Sep 7, 2019 at 5:03 Quote
They are a 3/8 long screws with fine threads. Just screw them into a lug.. I went right through the casing, no big deal if they poke through... I added 5oz of Stans and never had a problem with air leaks. The Kold Kutters grip better than my 27.5 4.5 Gnarwhal with factory studs...

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 18:03 Quote
If you have stud pockets already get the studs from Vee tire or 45 Nrth. They are on amazon or at your LBS.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 19:36 Quote
sourdiesel wrote:
They are a 3/8 long screws with fine threads. Just screw them into a lug.. I went right through the casing, no big deal if they poke through... I added 5oz of Stans and never had a problem with air leaks. The Kold Kutters grip better than my 27.5 4.5 Gnarwhal with factory studs...

Be careful with kold mutters. They seem to do ok on front tires. My brother ripped several out of a van helga first ride on the rear and had to walk out with a flat tire.

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 7:02 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
Be careful with kold mutters. They seem to do ok on front tires. My brother ripped several out of a van helga first ride on the rear and had to walk out with a flat tire.


I had zero issues with them. Installed on basically new tires in the lugs. I put about 100 snow covered miles on them. Even at 2-3 psi never lost a stud. I also installed them by hand making sure not over tighten them or strip them out....

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 at 10:08 Quote
Given that most factory studded tires use tiny nubs vs the larger screw heads here; can anyone comment of the differences in traction and durability?

It would seem at first glance it would seem like the screw head style would have better grip on ice and in deep stuff, but would greatly sacrifice on hard pack (think jumping on/off pavement), and would be more easily torn out.

I'm looking at a set of studded tires, but my rides always start out on the sidewalk/pathways from my house to get to trails.

Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 22:17 Quote
I have tires. I'm looking to buy studs in a good price. Thanks Smile

Posted: Nov 5, 2019 at 10:36 Quote
Good and even not so good LBS should have that. Otherwise search for 6.5mm tire studs using good old Google.

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 18:10 Quote
I ordered mine from bike stud.com

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 10:32 Quote
MEC now has Grip Studs.

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006645
Mobile Version of Website