Santa Cruz Hightower 2020 vs Scott Ransom 2020

PB Forum :: 29ers
Santa Cruz Hightower 2020 vs Scott Ransom 2020
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 1:14 Quote
looking to buy a new bike and already tested several including Rocky Moutain Instinct BC, Yeti SB150, Trek Fuel EX, Santa Cruz Bronson, Santa Cruz Hightower 2020 and the Scott Ransom tuned.

After the testing the ones remaining are the Santa Cruz Hightower 2020 CC and the Scott Ransom 900 tuned.

Bike is aimed for: longer bike tours (4hours+) in alpine or similar terrain, bike park, speedy single trails, mainly enduro like riding but less jumps (still a bit scared ;-) )

any recommendations based on own experience?

thanks

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 0:39 Quote
Maetzae wrote:
looking to buy a new bike and already tested several including Rocky Moutain Instinct BC, Yeti SB150, Trek Fuel EX, Santa Cruz Bronson, Santa Cruz Hightower 2020 and the Scott Ransom tuned.

After the testing the ones remaining are the Santa Cruz Hightower 2020 CC and the Scott Ransom 900 tuned.

Bike is aimed for: longer bike tours (4hours+) in alpine or similar terrain, bike park, speedy single trails, mainly enduro like riding but less jumps (still a bit scared ;-) )

any recommendations based on own experience?

thanks

Did you eventually decide on one option=? I have test-ridden both bikes in L and have a very similar rider profile than you. My aim is to become more confident on jumps and bigger obstacles and to keep the bike for several (5+ years) as it is such a great investment.

After having test ridden both bikes, I find myself being more comfy on the uphills on the hightower, whereas the Ransom is quicker on sprints (twinlock) and more responsive when locked out.

As for the downhill I felt more safe on the Ransom and that extra travel was contributing to more confidence.

I would be interested to hear more experience from people having test ridden both or decided for one of them.

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 18:55 Quote
I just came from a 150/150 travel YT Jeffsy 29er and it was coiled out with Push 11-6 and the suspension platform is same as Ransom. I’m now on a SC Hightower V2 with a Vorsprung tuned super deluxe. The Hightower feels more balanced and supportive. The suspension feels “efficient” (not much bob). I love the way it corners, the frame is very stiff. It also jumps better than my jeffsy. The Hightower is way more versatile than a Ransom but it all depends really on what kind of terrain you will be riding the most.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008349
Mobile Version of Website