Best bike for small women

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Best bike for small women
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 3:54 Quote
hiya. 5’2” weighing 120 pounds. Looking for a new enduro/ gravity bike. Currently on extra small Trek Lush SL which has been great but ready for a step up inc more travel. Would like longer wheelbase but with similarly low standover. Not fussed about stability as have good balance on bike (would prefer something fun and nimble) but would like a bit more power to keep up with the boys. Would prefer a non female specific bike if I’m honest (that’s just for cool factor really ????????).
All suggestions welcome (except giant ????) I’m in Australia. Thanks

Posted: Sep 7, 2019 at 21:56 Quote
cfd wrote:
hiya. 5’2” weighing 120 pounds. Looking for a new enduro/ gravity bike. Currently on extra small Trek Lush SL which has been great but ready for a step up inc more travel. Would like longer wheelbase but with similarly low standover. Not fussed about stability as have good balance on bike (would prefer something fun and nimble) but would like a bit more power to keep up with the boys. Would prefer a non female specific bike if I’m honest (that’s just for cool factor really ????????).
All suggestions welcome (except giant ????) I’m in Australia. Thanks

Curious as to why not Giant? How about Liv? I know you said not a women specific bike, but the new 2020 Intrigue Advanced is amazing. The Rainbow Black colour is gorgeous too, but stealth gorgeous, not flashy gorgeous. The Hail would be more enduro and I believe the 2019 came in Rainbow Black. The nice thing about women specific bikes is that they usually have lower standover and are designed more for us shorties (I am also 5'2") and the suspension is usually tuned for lighter riders as well.

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 17:39 Quote
Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply. I only say no to Giant because there are literally EVERYWHERE in Australia and so it’s purely from a cool factor (which I know shouldn’t really matter but kinda does!) and no to women’s specific because I don’t like asthetics of the colours and geometry mostly (again vanity!!). I know it makes sense in terms of standover and suspension but I can’t help thinking there are some pretty tiny women riding at a professional level and you never see them riding women’s models and that always makes me wonder....

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 15:46 Quote
My wife is 5'1" and loves her transition patrol, it is a 2016 but I think the geo is still pretty similar

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008588
Mobile Version of Website