Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 7:50 Quote
Pros
- Good Geo
- Good Specs
- Aluminum Option
- On par pricing

Cons
- Colorways
- Seems like they tried to make a mini Troy, would of liked to see it specced with a 130 fork for more separation

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 15:00 Quote
its not anything like a Troy...

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 14:11 Quote
Hi guys

Really considering a 2020 Django Carbon LTD.

I am currently coming off a 2017 Troy Carbon XT, 27.5 carbon wheels, Luftkappe in the Pike and Fox DPX2 Factory shock out back. Our style of riding here includes rolling hills, both flowing and technical, and some 3-5 minute downhills, also both flowing and technical. My schedule also includes some occasional bike park riding. The Troy has served me well, but I miss the big wheels and poppy/snappiness that my Atlas offered. Basically I am looking for a mini Troy.

As for anything not suspension related, I think Devinci nailed it with the LTD, however I like to tinker with suspension and I have reservations with the suspension spec on the new Django.

What are people's experience so far with the DPS Factory on the Django? Is it sufficient? I know upgrading to the DPX2 on the Troy just transformed the bike for me.

My ideal build on the Django would have been a Rockshox Super Deluxe or Fox DPX2 out back and a Pike or Fox 36 up front. Unfortunately it doesn't seem Fox will accommodate the Django frame with the DPX2.

My goal for the Django is for it to be a bike similar to the Evil Following, 2020 Norco Optic or Transition Smuggler. Good pedalling performance for all day epic and a smasher on the downhills.

Any feedback from your current experience with the Django's suspension is appreciated.

Also, what would be your dream suspension package on these?!

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 6:50 Quote
I've owned a bunch of DPS shocks, and they are a good shock. However it is an XC shock, so does get overwhelmed on repeated high speed hits. You for sure feel its limits in those situations, but for most everything else it feels great. In my case this isn't an issue as I use my Django as an XC bike, but if you're looking for a 1 bike to do everything from XC to AM/Enduro type stuff, then I'd be looking for a rear shock upgrade too. Bummer that Fox doesn't do the DPX2 in this size. I guess the closest you could get is the 7.5 x 2 non metric version which has an identical i2i (190mm), but a slightly longer stroke (roughly 6mm). My guess is the frame could accommodate that extra 6mm of stroke without any clearance issues and you would also gain a bit of extra travel. But can't say for sure. Something else to consider if you decide to use a piggy back style shock is you may lose your ability to run a water bottle since the shock may make contact, but again, don't know for sure. I also think a 36 GRIP2 fork lowered to 140 would be a great match to the frame if you wanted to use it for everything.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 21:29 Quote
@freerider11 I don't mind your suggestions at all. I actually like it quite a bit because it would allow me to get a bit more travel as you mentioned.

I've taken a snip it from the Devinci website and did a quick geometry analysis to see if fitting in a shock with a slightly longer stroke in the new Django frame would work. Turns out, it will be really close, If it does fit, then a shock with a 2 inch stroke this will give about 130mm of rear wheel travel. The only interference issue (other than water bottle) would be between the crown of the rear seat stays and the seat tube.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Django at my disposal. If anyone is as curious as I am, could I ask you to take a quick measurement of the gap between the crown of the seat stay and the rear of the seat tube at full compression with the Fox DPS? Might need to take the air out of the shock in order to do this comfortably...

Worst case scenario, if there is a clearance issue, I could always install the DPX2 7.5x2.0 and install a bumper on the inside to limit travel. This is something I've already done with my current shock without any issues.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to take the measurement!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011543
Mobile Version of Website