Habit -2019/20 - Give me feedback!

PB Forum :: Cannondale
Habit -2019/20 - Give me feedback!
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 2:05 Quote
Hi all,

I am interested in the latest version of the Habit. Part of me wants to buy a cheaper alloy version and upgrade over time, but that's not to say a carbon version isn't out of the question.

I have seen the pinkbike review video made during the field test and it seems to get pretty good overall praise.

My only worry is it might not be 'enough' bike for some of the riding I do. Whilst I am no rampage rider, I do enjoy the odd technical, steep and gnarly line. The odd drop off and chunk etc. Generally I know the bike will be fine for a lot of the stuff I ride, but I am wondering if trips to Bikepark wales and a yearly trip abroad to places like Finale Ligure or Madeira would overwhelm the bike?

Can those that own them give me an idea of how far you have pushed a Habit, what you felt has been beyond the limits of the bike etc.

Any info or feedback is much appreciated!

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 20:42 Quote
I've been on my '19 Habit 1 for a few weeks now and I'd say for me, a 145lb 5'10" not super aggro guy, it's spot on. A friend has a Habit 2 that he put a 160mm Fox 36 and I can see the logic - a 34 does have a noticeable amount of give for him, and it makes sense in his context as he's being more aggressive on the regular, and it slackens it out a bit. I have zero doubt in the frame, geo, and suspension in a more aggressive style, it's damn near perfect, but it's still a 135mm bike, it's not an enduro sled.

Posted: Oct 27, 2019 at 13:57 Quote
The 2020 have now 140-130.
Seem to be nice

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 12:15 Quote
I have about 20 hours of riding time on my Habit Carbon 3. The Habit climbs very well and descends even better. I was pleasantly surprised how well the bikes climbs and accelerates given it weights of around 33 lbs.
I ride generally in south central Virginia, Raleigh N.C. area and Western N.C. Lots of roots and rocky single tracks.

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 13:51 Quote
jtmtbrider53 wrote:
I have about 20 hours of riding time on my Habit Carbon 3. The Habit climbs very well and descends even better. I was pleasantly surprised how well the bikes climbs and accelerates given it weights of around 33 lbs.
I ride generally in south central Virginia, Raleigh N.C. area and Western N.C. Lots of roots and rocky single tracks.

Some have complaints about seat post tube too tall, seat post tube angle when you climb makes the front wheel too much light etc?

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 19:40 Quote
I haven't noticed the front end on mine (140/130) getting overly light. The seattube on my L is just a bit longer than I'd like, my seatpost is slammed, but at 5'10", strictly speaking I maybe should be on a M.

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 6:06 Quote
seanondemand wrote:
I haven't noticed the front end on mine (140/130) getting overly light. The seattube on my L is just a bit longer than I'd like, my seatpost is slammed, but at 5'10", strictly speaking I maybe should be on a M.

Your dropper is slammed??
I have about 32" inseam 5'10".
Not sure yet about medium or large

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 8:32 Quote
ninjanoir78 wrote:
seanondemand wrote:

Your dropper is slammed??
I have about 32" inseam 5'10".
Not sure yet about medium or large
It's a 150mm Transfer in the Habit 1 in the large and yeah, I've got it as far into the frame as it'll go, and it's maybe juuuust a bit long. I've got around a 30" inseam though.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 14:11 Quote
If you're concerned about the limitations of the habit, know that --although it may void the warranty-- it is relatively easy to make this a park jibber, or a legit enduro bike. I owned the habit over the summer, and made some pretty serious modifications. The first thing I did was flip the geometry chip into the high setting, and then installed a 210x55 coil shock (it comes stock with 210x50.) This bumped rear travel up to 146mm (same setup as the Cannondale sessions squad.) Next, I put a 150mm air spring in the Fox 34. The resulting Geometry was a 65.3 head tube (approximately), and a 75.8 seat tube. I have the privilege to know my local Cannondale rep, and he told me that this setup will void the warranty, but said that he runs the same configuration on his personal bike. This setup was freaking rad. I have since sold the bike, but totally miss my jibbing setup. I would say this upgrade turned a tried-and-true trail bike into a short travel park/freeride bike. I had a few days riding Deer Valley bike park in Park City Utah, a few days doing Moab, and a ton of miles shuttling my local Double Black 'bootleg' trails. While it was an absolute beast of a bike, good luck finding a local shop to make those modifications.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 16:11 Quote
splink-baller wrote:
If you're concerned about the limitations of the habit, know that --although it may void the warranty-- it is relatively easy to make this a park jibber, or a legit enduro bike. I owned the habit over the summer, and made some pretty serious modifications. The first thing I did was flip the geometry chip into the high setting, and then installed a 210x55 coil shock (it comes stock with 210x50.) This bumped rear travel up to 146mm (same setup as the Cannondale sessions squad.) Next, I put a 150mm air spring in the Fox 34. The resulting Geometry was a 65.3 head tube (approximately), and a 75.8 seat tube. I have the privilege to know my local Cannondale rep, and he told me that this setup will void the warranty, but said that he runs the same configuration on his personal bike. This setup was freaking rad. I have since sold the bike, but totally miss my jibbing setup. I would say this upgrade turned a tried-and-true trail bike into a short travel park/freeride bike. I had a few days riding Deer Valley bike park in Park City Utah, a few days doing Moab, and a ton of miles shuttling my local Double Black 'bootleg' trails. While it was an absolute beast of a bike, good luck finding a local shop to make those modifications.

Anyways, I think the stock habit is pretty nice to do a lot of things.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010752
Mobile Version of Website