Habit -2019/20 - Give me feedback!

PB Forum :: Cannondale
Habit -2019/20 - Give me feedback!
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 at 7:05 Quote
Stock stroke length still. Wouldn’t mind bumping the rear travel up but I have a Meta AM on order to handle lift days soon. I have the chip set in the low position, the extra travel up front slackens it out just enough + still corners great and is every bit of the word playful.

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 19:50 Quote
Any carbon Habit owners - I’ve acquired a pretty odd creak coming from the front triangle, think I’ve chased it down to the top tube. Seems weird, but when I place two hands on opposite ends of it and pull/push, it makes the most noise. There’s no visible cracks on the outside.

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 19:23 Quote
Does anyone have an idea of the longest dropper you can run on an XL habit?

Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 8:51 Quote
For anyone wondering, I have a 210x55 Rockshox Super deluxe on my habit, You have to run it in the high position and if you bottom out real hard your triangle will hit your frame ever so slightly. I've only hit once and it was when I had no volume spacers and i had way too much sag. I have since added volume spacers and set the sag properly and haven't had any issues, even after some 4-5 foot rock drops no hit with two volume spacers.

Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 17:24 Quote
notmikebuckley wrote:
Stock stroke length still. Wouldn’t mind bumping the rear travel up but I have a Meta AM on order to handle lift days soon. I have the chip set in the low position, the extra travel up front slackens it out just enough + still corners great and is every bit of the word playful.

Nice. I'm on the Habit 3 with fox 34, went ahead and ordered the 140mm airshaft since it's a cheap upgrade. Figure I can try that out before springing for a new fork or even longer travel.

Garyraybmx wrote:
For anyone wondering, I have a 210x55 Rockshox Super deluxe on my habit, You have to run it in the high position and if you bottom out real hard your triangle will hit your frame ever so slightly. I've only hit once and it was when I had no volume spacers and i had way too much sag. I have since added volume spacers and set the sag properly and haven't had any issues, even after some 4-5 foot rock drops no hit with two volume spacers.

Thanks for the info, I have been wondering! When measuring the frame gaps it's looks like a super tight call for the 55mm stroke but sounds like you've mitigated it well enough. Cheers

Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 23:38 Quote
Habits up until the 2018 included can also be slackened with an eccentric headset.

0 Eccentric Angleset for Cannondale

Posted: Sep 7, 2020 at 8:38 Quote
I have the 2019 Habit Carbon 3 and love the bike with a few upgrades it made it come alive. I did need a shorter dropper post to 120mm with 31 inseam..I got a chromag +25 rise carbon bar and it really made a difference in comfort and liveliness over jumps and pump sections. also the stock guide r brakes are garbage. Other mods i've done are:
Hope Pro 4 hubs
Hope tech3 E4/Formula Cura 4 brakes( better than the hopes and less maintenance)
Absolute black oval chainring
Maxxis Rekon tires - huge difference over stock much better acceleration and handling for my area
Sram Gripshift
Ethirteen 120mm Dropper
DMR vault pedals
Hope floating rotors
Chromag Stem

As for the creaking it happens, you need to grease and tighten all your pivots, i lube them after each wash with triflow. And the front shock hardware needed a small spacer added to stop creaking there.

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 11:26 Quote
notmikebuckley wrote:
Any carbon Habit owners - I’ve acquired a pretty odd creak coming from the front triangle, think I’ve chased it down to the top tube. Seems weird, but when I place two hands on opposite ends of it and pull/push, it makes the most noise. There’s no visible cracks on the outside.

My lower shock eyelet bolt was making a creaking I couldn’t figure it out for ages thought it was seatpost/BB, mechanic located it to my lower shock mount, knew it was something weird because it was more when the bike flexed laterally than anything else, even lifting it out of the car it did it. Silent since

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008789
Mobile Version of Website