2020 Trek Fuel EX 8 vs. 2019 Devinci Django

PB Forum :: Beginners
2020 Trek Fuel EX 8 vs. 2019 Devinci Django
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 13:09 Quote
Hi guys,
I test rode a hardtail last week and then the 2019 Devinci Django 29" FS this week (only because they said it was the closest thing to the fuel exCool . I like the FS way more than the hardtail but they are pushing the 2019 Devinci Django pretty hard on me which I am not a fan of. I really like the look of the 2020 Trek Fuel EX 8 and it has been one of the most recommended bikes for years as an all around bike. I am no pro but haven't seen much talk about Devinci or there bikes which makes me hesitant to even consider them, also was not a fan of the color scheme either or the fact that the bike I rode has broken twice already in the past 2 weeks. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Matt

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 14:26 Quote
The 2019 Fuel EX 9.7 (carbon front triangle) is currently on sale for $3200 (regulary $4000) at the online Trek Bike Superstore. I picked up one for myself and I've found that it outperforms the EX 8 I once had in every respect.

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 14:50 Quote
fretless1 wrote:
The 2019 Fuel EX 9.7 (carbon front triangle) is currently on sale for $3200 (regulary $4000) at the online Trek Bike Superstore. I picked up one for myself and I've found that it outperforms the EX 8 I once had in every respect.

Good deal but I am interested in the 2020 lineup as some things have changed. They got the 2020 Trek Fuel Ex 8 down to 2,999$ for me already!

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 16:06 Quote
mjshaw130 wrote:
Hi guys,
I test rode a hardtail last week and then the 2019 Devinci Django 29" FS this week (only because they said it was the closest thing to the fuel exCool . I like the FS way more than the hardtail but they are pushing the 2019 Devinci Django pretty hard on me which I am not a fan of. I really like the look of the 2020 Trek Fuel EX 8 and it has been one of the most recommended bikes for years as an all around bike. I am no pro but haven't seen much talk about Devinci or there bikes which makes me hesitant to even consider them, also was not a fan of the color scheme either or the fact that the bike I rode has broken twice already in the past 2 weeks. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Matt

Sounds like you don't like the Django, so I'd steer clear because if you aren't sure you'll likely be 2nd guessing yourself for a long time.
I was slightly skeptical when I got mine (was also looking at the Fuel and Sight) but absolutely loved it once I got on the trails and would be very hesitant to give it up now for anything other than the new model frame just released (or maybe a Ripley).

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 18:23 Quote
Just get the Fuel. I've ridden the 2018/2019 Fuel EX8 a lot and it's a decent bike. If you can get it for a discount, even better. I would even go as far as buying a demo bike. Honestly I'd steer away from hardtails. I was in a similar boat but after feeling the difference between HT/FS on the trails I ride, I would never get a HT. At the same time, take a look at other brands, the Fuel is a bit heavy IMO.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011457
Mobile Version of Website