Hayes El Camino brakes bleed need help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Hayes El Camino brakes bleed need help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 7, 2019 at 18:33 Quote
Need help bleeding the brakes, bike shop will charge $35 per... I bought a kit from Amazon but it does not have the right size nipple for this brake... any help or tips is appreciated.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 19:33 Quote
If I have a backup I can mail it to you. I can try to check tonight ..

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 18:58 Quote
I actually fingered it out ???? I connected the hose to the caliper, tied with zip tie, put a towel on the top lever to absorb the fluid and had to screw in (or out) the brake lever adjustment screw and it worked. Not perfect but I have brakes.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 14:40 Quote
Oh that’s awesome. I’ve only tried it once, and I’ve got [at least one of] the proper bleed adaptor, which on my Stoker-Ryde model, screws into the lever [where you remove a tiny torx-head screw]. That fitting held to the lever securely, of course. BUT THE HOSE WOULD NOT stay securely attached to the bleed fitting.
It made me wish for a proper compression ring to slide over the juncture.

The OTHER trouble I had, maybe just like you??, was at the caliper end, FAILING to get a secure seal between the clear plastic tubing and the caliper’s bleed hole [which ya loosen 1/4 turn, using a 5mm or 6mm box-end wrench].

Is this junction where you managed to secure it using a tiny zip tie? If so, I’ll try that ON THE TUBING AT BOTH caliper & lever ENDS, on my next go-round. It’s only my front brake that’s obviously got air inside ... The rear brake feels just right and very effective.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008429
Mobile Version of Website