How to Manual

PB Forum :: Tutorials
How to Manual
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 10:49 Quote
I'm learning to manual and can manual pretty well, but think I have my form wrong, any tips? Thanks

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 23:02 Quote
Perhaps you've sorted out your problem by now, but here is an article and video tutorial I posted on "How to manual over obstacle" As an MTB coach for 21 years, I've helped 1 000's of riders with this move. Hope you find it helpful!
http://https://betterride.net/blog/2018/mtb-manual-over-obstacles-w-overlocked-move-video-tutorial/

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 19:38 Quote
For years i've wanted to learn how to do a manual. I dabbled in it here and there but never put in enough time. I've decided this is the year I'm going to learn how to do it. I've watched alot of videos so I understand the body mechanics and have made some progress over the last few weeks. Between work and the awful weather lately i'm averaging 3-4 practice days a week for about 30 minutes per session. I'm 50 years old and really having fun with it so far. My only fear at this point is looping out when I try it with a descent amount of speed. I can catch myself at slower speeds but hold back a little as speed increases. Any tips ? I have to practice on pavement for the time being

Cheers

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 21:42 Quote
broccolirob wrote:
For years i've wanted to learn how to do a manual. I dabbled in it here and there but never put in enough time. I've decided this is the year I'm going to learn how to do it. I've watched alot of videos so I understand the body mechanics and have made some progress over the last few weeks. Between work and the awful weather lately i'm averaging 3-4 practice days a week for about 30 minutes per session. I'm 50 years old and really having fun with it so far. My only fear at this point is looping out when I try it with a descent amount of speed. I can catch myself at slower speeds but hold back a little as speed increases. Any tips ? I have to practice on pavement for the time being

Cheers

First off are you brushing your brake when you start to slip back so you don’t loop out? Cause when you get a bit to far back if you brush your brakes a little if moves you bake into the sweet spot. Only slam the brakes as a last resort. Another thing I’ve learned is that it’s not about staying in your balance point it’s moving in and out of it. It might just be me but it’s worth a try.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008551
Mobile Version of Website