Ripmo AF Thread

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo AF Thread
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 15:01 Quote
These are showing up at dealers this week. I think this is a great idea to get a quality bike at a lower price point.

[*]29” Wheels
[*]160mm front travel
[*]147mm dw-link rear travel
[*]2.6” tire clearance
[*]Aluminum front and rear triangle
[*]Available in four sizes S-XL, fits riders between 5’ and 6’6
[*]Frame weight of 8.25lbs for a medium with a DVO topaz shock
[*]Available with DVO JADE X coil shock

[*]Progressive suspension leverage ratio for compatibility with select coil shocks.
[*]Slack 64.9 head angle
[*]44mm Fork Offset
[*]Steep 76 degree seat tube angle
[*]Threaded BB (73mm BSA)
[*]ISCG 05 Compatible with removable adapter
[*]Port style Internal cable routing
[*]22oz bottles fit inside front triangle
[*]Size M-XL compatible with 170mm+ droppers, 125-150mm for smalls
[*]Molded rubber swing arm protectors
[*]IGUS bushings in lower link, bearings in upper link
[*]Metric 210x55 shock
[*]203mm max rotor size
[*]1x specific design
[*]Boost spacing
[*]Tapered headtube and steerer: ZS44 upper, ZS56 lower




Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
Ibis Ripmo AF

vs.

Bird AM9

vs.

Privateer 161

__________________________________


Fight!

__________________________________


2019 build details. Light where it can be heavy where it matters. Frame Bird Aeris AM9 size Large Shock EXT Arma Fork MRP Ribbon Coil Wheels - Hubs Extralite Hyperboost - Rims Race Face ARC Carbon 36 - Spokes Berd Polylight - Tires F Kenda Hellkat ATC 2.6 R Kenda Nevegal2 ATC 2.6 Brakes Magura MT7 203 mm Drivetrain - Cranks e thirteen TRS Plus - Chainring e thirteen SL Guidering 28T spaced non-Boost - Cassette e thirteen TRS Race 11sp 9-46 - Chain Box One 11sp - Shifter Box One - Derailleur Box One Seatpost BikeYoke Revive. 185 mm Bar Answer ProTaper Carbon 810 mm 25 mm rise Stem Answer AME 40 mm Headset Cane Creek 40 Pedals Look X-Track En-Rage Grips ODI Elite Pro or Oury push-on Saddle Velo

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 21:23 Quote
All I know is is that a jade nx is what I want with the exception of swapping out brakes for errrrmmm say hope but probs trp quads or hayes doms

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 14:20 Quote
Wish they offered the DVO kit on the carbon frame. Such a great product and company.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 6:05 Quote
The value on these bikes, especially the NX build is insane. That’s $1500 worth of suspension and a $1800 dollar frame. Wheels and drivetrain are pretty much just free. So impressed with this offering as it will get so many more folks on DVO and Ibis.
Not sure why they are not offering wheel upgrades as an option as I am sure people would go for the s35 carbons, but I know they are in short supply.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 7:05 Quote
That frame weighs more than my 2014 Heckler frame.The marketing blitz for this bike is pretty funny because 5 years ago the weight would have been scoffed at.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 7:28 Quote
badtoad wrote:
That frame weighs more than my 2014 Heckler frame.The marketing blitz for this bike is pretty funny because 5 years ago the weight would have been scoffed at.

Not sure comparing a single pivot frame weight is going to match up well. The frame is at 8.25 lb with a Topaz. Looks pretty spot on for a 29er Alu frame. Commencal Meta 29 is 8lb w/o a shock.
Anyone looking for an alu over carbon frame isn’t going to blink at the frame weight.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 10:52 Quote
I ride a small frame so for me the weight wouldn't be an issue.If I try a 29er it will be this bike.Trails are tight where I ride but I don't think you wouldn't be able to manhandle this bike and put it where it needs to go.The extra speed of those wheels is what trips guys up in slow tech riding.Happened to me going from 26 to 27.5.I also will never ride a carbon bike because I don't think its worth it unless your racing.Durability is my main concern and it looks like this Ibis has it covered.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 11:28 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
The value on these bikes, especially the NX build is insane. That’s $1500 worth of suspension and a $1800 dollar frame. Wheels and drivetrain are pretty much just free. So impressed with this offering as it will get so many more folks on DVO and Ibis.
Not sure why they are not offering wheel upgrades as an option as I am sure people would go for the s35 carbons, but I know they are in short supply.

Upgrades to c wheels are showing here in uk

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:
The value on these bikes, especially the NX build is insane. That’s $1500 worth of suspension and a $1800 dollar frame. Wheels and drivetrain are pretty much just free. So impressed with this offering as it will get so many more folks on DVO and Ibis.
Not sure why they are not offering wheel upgrades as an option as I am sure people would go for the s35 carbons, but I know they are in short supply.

Upgrades to c wheels are showing here in uk

Interesting, not showing in US.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 14:03 Quote
Damnnnn sure thang they will soon enough

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 19:48 Quote
Went down to the lbs and they had one Ripmo AF on the floor. It was the GX build. Looks fantastic, really a clean looking bike.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 22:30 Quote
Arggggh no this is not going to end well ... ££££

Must check

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 5:12 Quote
Carbon ibis branded bars have been removed from the Gx build. My lbs has a Gx build and I was pretty sure it had the carbon bars, I could be mistaken. Not sure if it was a printing error or they already changed the spec.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 21:41 Quote
Anyone have a chance to ride one of these bad boys yet?

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010590
Mobile Version of Website