Ripmo AF Thread

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo AF Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 7:25 Quote
NERyder wrote:
goride365 wrote:
Anyone seen or tried a 27.5 on Ripmo af rear? Is it possible?
With the low BB height I don’t think it could work

Tried it, would not recommend without VERY short cranks. I threw on the wheel off my old remedy (with a Bontrager SE4 in a 2.4) for a couple of park laps at Fernie.

It was kind of cool on tighter, older flow trails, but it put me too low otherwise. Definitely lost a good chunk of the balance the geometry offered. Pedal strikes and chainring hits were serious.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 7:27 Quote
tlandberg wrote:
Do you think they’ve just re-assessed appropriate OTT levels or do newer shocks come with a different spring that has different characteristics?

when i got my ripmo and talked to DVO they recommended a higher OTT than was on chart. They basically said as far as i could take it without suck down. I think they just got around to updating it.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 17:37 Quote
I sent this to Ibis tonight. In case they don't respond to me quickly, wondering if there are any strong opinions here in the forum. Thanks

I am ordering a Large Ripmo AF 2021 with the (edit: Jade X) coil upgrade through my LBS in Montreal. I'm 5'11'' and ~155-160 pounds without my gear. I see the large comes stocked with the 450# spring but the quick setup guide says a 155-170 pound person should be on a 400# spring. Is that what you would recommend... I requested they order it with the 400# spring but just wanted to make sure I was interpreting it correctly. I'm sure the large frame adds some weight, so don't want to get too little suspension support.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 4:00 Quote
louisvillerider wrote:
I sent this to Ibis tonight. In case they don't respond to me quickly, wondering if there are any strong opinions here in the forum. Thanks

I am ordering a Large Ripmo AF 2021 with the (edit: Jade X) coil upgrade through my LBS in Montreal. I'm 5'11'' and ~155-160 pounds without my gear. I see the large comes stocked with the 450# spring but the quick setup guide says a 155-170 pound person should be on a 400# spring. Is that what you would recommend... I requested they order it with the 400# spring but just wanted to make sure I was interpreting it correctly. I'm sure the large frame adds some weight, so don't want to get too little suspension support.

You want a 450+ spring. I'm just under your weight and have 400/425/450 springs. I can bottom the 450 fairly easily on drops to flat. Its soft enough for trail riding and I doubt I'll ever use the lighter springs.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 5:48 Quote
louisvillerider wrote:

I am 175 out of the shower and i have a 500lb spring. My medium came with a 400 so it is just sitting around. Im down to trade if you want because i wanted to try a lighter spring to see how it handles in slower wet conditions.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 8:10 Quote
What's the lightest spring available? I am 130lbs and don't know what would work. 300lbs?

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 8:41 Quote
Xanderxcl wrote:
What's the lightest spring available? I am 130lbs and don't know what would work. 300lbs?

350 is the lightest on the quick setup guide. says it is for 140-155lbs people. given the feedback above (thank you!), probably not an issue to miss it only by 10 pounds.

https://assets-ibiscycles-com.s3.amazonaws.com/files/Setup-Guides/Ripmo_AF_SetUp_D6.pdf

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006719
Mobile Version of Website