Ripmo AF Thread

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo AF Thread
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 15:22 Quote
Snowrydr01 wrote:
Anyone know what size the bearings on the s35 ibis hubs are?

Do you have a caliper and also did you race at blue mountain

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 16:14 Quote
Just curious: what’s the stroke (not sure if this is the correct term, but the full amount of travel) on the topaz? Trying to figure out if I’m getting full travel. Somewhere in the range of 2” sound about right? I know it’s 147mm of travel in the rear...

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 17:04 Quote
Dabroski-5 wrote:
Snowrydr01 wrote:

I did race at blue, ill be there Friday for the last weekend. I hate down time so I wanted to order bearings first so its a one night job.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 18:27 Quote
Snowrydr01 wrote:
Dabroski-5 wrote:
Snowrydr01 wrote:

I did race at blue, ill be there Friday for the last weekend. I hate down time so I wanted to order bearings first so its a one night job.

Yo i was thinking of going onclosing weekend to

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 19:00 Quote
Snowrydr01 wrote:

Just had to replace the bearings on my rear hub. Needed (3) 17287 LLB bearings, and (1) 6803 LLB bearing for the hub + Shimano freebie body.

And here's more info about hub service: https://assets-ibiscycles-com.s3.amazonaws.com/files/Setup-Guides/Ibis_Hub_Assembly_0520_D5Final.pdf

If you need to source them, Real World Cycling stocks them. Good company based out of Tucson.

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 20:53 Quote
Superfli wrote:
Its that time of year again. MUD! This is my first full winter on the RAF and the minuscule DVO mudguard wont cut the mustard. What I would like is to get another POWA Dfender guard, but they only make them for RS+Fox. I've tried to fit my old RS fitment, but no joy. Arch is too thick. Has anyone had any luck fitting a Fox bracket to their Diamonds? If so, I'll order one as I found it excellent at stopping mud spray and was very solid and could easily remove/fit when needed.
Otherwise it'll have to be an RRP or similar with cable ties (I'd really prefer not to).

I fitted a rrp guard recently as well as I found as soon as the weather turned the stock dvo guard was next to useless. I couldn't find anything to fit bolted on so I'm interested to know if anyones got something working as I'm not a fan of the cable tie mounting. One thing with the rrp, not a lot of mud clearance with the stock tyres

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 6:46 Quote
sonoranbiker wrote:
Snowrydr01 wrote:

Just had to replace the bearings on my rear hub. Needed (3) 17287 LLB bearings, and (1) 6803 LLB bearing for the hub + Shimano freebie body.

And here's more info about hub service: https://assets-ibiscycles-com.s3.amazonaws.com/files/Setup-Guides/Ibis_Hub_Assembly_0520_D5Final.pdf

If you need to source them, Real World Cycling stocks them. Good company based out of Tucson.

Where you able to knock them out or did you need to use a bearing pulling tool for the first side?

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 7:25 Quote
the-wylie-man wrote:
Superfli wrote:
Its that time of year again. MUD! This is my first full winter on the RAF and the minuscule DVO mudguard wont cut the mustard. What I would like is to get another POWA Dfender guard, but they only make them for RS+Fox. I've tried to fit my old RS fitment, but no joy. Arch is too thick. Has anyone had any luck fitting a Fox bracket to their Diamonds? If so, I'll order one as I found it excellent at stopping mud spray and was very solid and could easily remove/fit when needed.
Otherwise it'll have to be an RRP or similar with cable ties (I'd really prefer not to).

I fitted a rrp guard recently as well as I found as soon as the weather turned the stock dvo guard was next to useless. I couldn't find anything to fit bolted on so I'm interested to know if anyones got something working as I'm not a fan of the cable tie mounting. One thing with the rrp, not a lot of mud clearance with the stock tyres

I have the RRP Proguard Max, with is the most massive one. Because I like to switch it from my Ripmo to the hard tail, I use re-usable cable ties (the low-profile velcro strap kind from Amazon). I attach 2 of them together for adequate length for going around the lower legs etc. Takes about 3 minutes to swap it over, and you can get the fit pretty tight once you get used to using them. Not sure if that helps, as you've still got straps there, but they definitely don't cause any issues, and the fender stays tight.

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 9:38 Quote
So I just noticed a creak when peddling after a couple park days and found that two of my “chainring fixing screws” (this is what they are referred to in the shimano online dealer manual) came loose and one actually fell out and is lost. I am guessing I should take the loose one out and put some lock tight on it before reinserting and tightening.

Does anyone know if these screws are just a standard size or if not what size screw I need to order. They are torx head. I think these might be the right ones below but I see different lengths online so not certain. If anyone can confirm that would be appreciated. FYI. I have the slx build

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Y1RL98100&ref=nb_sb_noss

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 9:42 Quote
NERyder wrote:
So I just noticed a creak when peddling after a couple park days and found that two of my “chainring fixing screws” (this is what they are referred to in the shimano online dealer manual) came loose and one actually fell out and is lost. I am guessing I should take the loose one out and put some lock tight on it before reinserting and tightening.

Does anyone know if these screws are just a standard size or if not what size screw I need to order. They are torx head. I think these might be the right ones below but I see different lengths online so not certain. If anyone can confirm that would be appreciated

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Y1RL98100&ref=nb_sb_noss

Chain ring bolts are usually pretty standard, but I'd make sure to get the steel ones. The aluminum ones are usually made of cheese if they're the random unbranded type from Amazon.

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 10:59 Quote
tlandberg wrote:
Just curious: what’s the stroke (not sure if this is the correct term, but the full amount of travel) on the topaz? Trying to figure out if I’m getting full travel. Somewhere in the range of 2” sound about right? I know it’s 147mm of travel in the rear...
Topaz not using its full travel

This is full travel

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 11:19 Quote
ChronRabbit wrote:
tlandberg wrote:

This is full travel

Ha not exactly scientific, but yeah that’s more or less what I’m getting on bigger hits.

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 11:23 Quote
tlandberg wrote:
ChronRabbit wrote:
tlandberg wrote:

This is full travel

Ha not exactly scientific, but yeah that’s more or less what I’m getting on bigger hits.

Ibis provides all the science you're looking for, on the Ripmo website page. The Topaz is listed as 210x55, with 210mm being the eye-to-eye length and 55mm being the stroke.

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 11:39 Quote
Snowrydr01 wrote:
sonoranbiker wrote:
Snowrydr01 wrote:

Where you able to knock them out or did you need to use a bearing pulling tool for the first side?

I was in a time crunch with a big ride planned the next day, and don't have bearing tools so I just had the guys at my LBS do it. So no helpful info to provide...

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 12:54 Quote
mammal wrote:
the-wylie-man wrote:
Superfli wrote:

I have the RRP Proguard Max, with is the most massive one. Because I like to switch it from my Ripmo to the hard tail, I use re-usable cable ties (the low-profile velcro strap kind from Amazon). I attach 2 of them together for adequate length for going around the lower legs etc. Takes about 3 minutes to swap it over, and you can get the fit pretty tight once you get used to using them. Not sure if that helps, as you've still got straps there, but they definitely don't cause any issues, and the fender stays tight.

I've ordered the RRP pro guard max too. I tried a fox 36 fitting with my Powa dfender, but no joy, so it was the next best current option. I just don't like cable ties as they can scratch the fork, and tape underneath can start to look shabby.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018914
Mobile Version of Website