Ripmo AF Thread

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo AF Thread
Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 10:37 Quote
Linkeds2 wrote:
domdb wrote:
DHhack wrote:

I would call Ibis yourself. I ordered a XL Deore build on 9/11 from Jensonusa and it shipped on 9/22 and I had it on 9/29 (I live in New England).

I would’ve canceled that order from the shop many months ago. They have to work for my money.

I almost did cancel the order a few months ago and was planning on buying a trek slash or a nukeproof mega instead, but I told myself I just had to be patient.

There are Ibis ‘premier’ bike shops.

Bike shops that are high volume in Ibis sales. These bike shops get units quicker and more often than non ‘premier’ dealers.

If you ordered a bike at a non ’premier’ shop then there is a good chance you may wait longer while larger volume shops get bikes in more often

That's what my bike shop told me, but they said they were the biggest ibis dealer, so I'm confused as to why the wait is so long if they're the biggest dealer. I would understand if it was a small bike shop that only ordered a few bikes, but from what the employee told me, they order a bunch of bikes no matter what, and are the biggest ibis dealer.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 10:05 Quote
Rear shock questions (Topaz)

Recently moved to southern Utah and the riding here is awesome. There are big hits and drops everywhere and I am CONSTANTLY bottoming out the rear shock. I'm 185 geared up, even inflated to 200psi and still experiencing that loud bottom out. Has anyone added more spacers to the positive chamber than the stock 2? More pressure just leads to a hard ride everywhere else... should I increase bladder pressure??

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 10:16 Quote
nickmay26 wrote:

Recently moved to southern Utah and the riding here is awesome. There are big hits and drops everywhere and I am CONSTANTLY bottoming out the rear shock. I'm 185 geared up, even inflated to 200psi and still experiencing that loud bottom out. Has anyone added more spacers to the positive chamber than the stock 2? More pressure just leads to a hard ride everywhere else... should I increase bladder pressure??

Take the one spacer out of the negative chamber and put all 3 in the positive. I had the same issue at around 175lbs with gear, and 180psi feels great for me with no bottoming.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 12:01 Quote
mammal wrote:
nickmay26 wrote:

Take the one spacer out of the negative chamber and put all 3 in the positive. I had the same issue at around 175lbs with gear, and 180psi feels great for me with no bottoming.

I'll give that try. Also a harder bottom-out sounds like a smack, rather than a quieter thud... is that normal?

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 12:03 Quote
nickmay26 wrote:
mammal wrote:
nickmay26 wrote:

I'll give that try. Also a harder bottom-out sounds like a smack, rather than a quieter thud... is that normal?

I'd up bladder pressure too but you might not need to after adding another volume reducer to the positive side.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 12:15 Quote
nickmay26 wrote:
mammal wrote:
nickmay26 wrote:

It certainly can be. Mine was more of a thud, but if you're not sure it's the shock making the noise, you should be able to verify by seeing if you're using up the entire 55mm of shock stroke. If it's using less than 55mm in those situation, it's something else.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 14:00 Quote
Anyone with a Deore/SLX know the number of chain links on a stock build?

I'm gathering parts for an upcoming frame delivery and don't know what chain length to buy. Thank you.

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 6:27 Quote
bakemono wrote:

I'm gathering parts for an upcoming frame delivery and don't know what chain length to buy. Thank you.

I highly recommend learning the basic skill of sizing your own chain. Buy a SLX chain and read the instructions in the box. You can cause extensive damage by not having a chain that is long enough.

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 8:56 Quote
You have to put more air once you take the spacer from the negative chamber,measure the sag again.

bdreynolds7 wrote:
nickmay26 wrote:
mammal wrote:

I'd up bladder pressure too but you might not need to after adding another volume reducer to the positive side.

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 9:54 Quote
bakemono wrote:

I immediately swapped from NX to SLX. I’m at 116 including quick link.

My New SLX chains have 126 links....so with 5 big removed should put you right at 116.

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
reginald68 wrote:
bakemono wrote:

My New SLX chains have 126 links....so with 5 big removed should put you right at 116.

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 13:10 Quote
So, looking at this, I can't help but think a new shock and fork would make the Ripmo a Ripley AF.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-ibis-2021-aluminum-ripley-is-more-metal-more-slacker.html

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 14:25 Quote
reginald68 wrote:

Thanks reginald68. Yeah sizing the chain is not the issue. I just wanted to know which length to purchase - the 116/126/138 chain. Thanks again for your help.

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 14:45 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
So, looking at this, I can't help but think a new shock and fork would make the Ripmo a Ripley AF.

I ride with a guy who has a 140/140mm Ripmo af. Reduced the shock stroke to 52.5 and an angleset. He likes it.

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 15:08 Quote
kwapik wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:

I ride with a guy who has a 140/140mm Ripmo af. Reduced the shock stroke to 52.5 and an angleset. He likes it.

I've thought about short-shocking my RAF too, to alter the personality a bit towards the pump n jump n flow side of the spectrum... but then I'll go do mountain things on my mountain bike and think better of it.

Also, how much does -20 up front lower the bb? I'm guesstimating 6-7mm? I'm in the process of swapping to 170 cranks now to reduce pedal strikes. I wouldn't want the bb any lower.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011888
Mobile Version of Website