Ripmo AF Thread

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo AF Thread
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 16:34 Quote
FiLaReToS wrote:
So , yeah , the bike is a year old , all the trails over here are extremely gnarly and full of rocks and running a gx eagle drivetrain with 32t chainring.

You should see the rims....lol lol lol

There’s the answer. You shred harder than me. And most of my trails aren’t too rocky.

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 2:11 Quote
FiLaReToS wrote:
Any idea what can i put right there so i can stop the paint chipping and make it stfu as much as possible?

Here is the Santa Cruz chainstay protector:
I chopped it to make the fit nicer but the original length would cover that area, just not following the curve inwards.

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 7:44 Quote
Turpsicle wrote:
FiLaReToS wrote:
Any idea what can i put right there so i can stop the paint chipping and make it stfu as much as possible?

I chopped it to make the fit nicer but the original length would cover that area, just not following the curve inwards.

Maybe a few strips of helicopter tape (or whatever it's called)

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 8:13 Quote
Turpsicle wrote:

Is that the new Tallboy/Nomad one or the Hightower one?

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 8:16 Quote
FiLaReToS wrote:

Used mastic tape for mine, been on almost a year and it's still looking in good condition

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 23:36 Quote
Circe wrote:
Turpsicle wrote:

Is that the new Tallboy/Nomad one or the Hightower one?

Hightower, the diameter gets a bit fatter towards the front on the ripmo, so the cable tie is insurance to stop it popping off.
You could also try chopping the rear instead and get more rubber padding at the chainring end.

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 0:37 Quote
I have a short piece of inner tube wrapped around that area on my ripmo. Works well and looks neat enough for me.

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 7:08 Quote
Damn! Looks like I’m ordering a Hightower chain stay protector. I have the STFU device at the moment and it works good but is ugly

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 14:22 Quote
Anyone ever take off their Ibis logo on the front and paint it? Considering maybe trying to paint it either black or possibly trying to match the lime green of the DVO accents. The 2nd option sounds like a bitch to get right though.

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 14:23 Quote
Hi guys. Rimpo AF is due be delivered next week. Need a new spring though. Is the correct spring length 2.5? Anyone know if this spring will fit Nukeproof Steel Spring 2.5" - 3" | Chain Reaction Cycles. It will only be temporary as the shop is sending me a 550 spring in February. Cheers!

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 15:10 Quote
Scythe024 wrote:
Anyone ever take off their Ibis logo on the front and paint it? Considering maybe trying to paint it either black or possibly trying to match the lime green of the DVO accents. The 2nd option sounds like a bitch to get right though.

I am assuming it’s aluminum, but you could easily get it anodized. I believe the color recipe is available in the DVO thread.

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 16:03 Quote
Mastic 3M tape

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 18:17 Quote
Scythe024 wrote:

Got bored on this rainy day and had black spray paint left over. I'm digging it over the bronze emblem.

Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 2:40 Quote
Liamatki wrote:
Hi guys. Rimpo AF is due be delivered next week. Need a new spring though. Is the correct spring length 2.5? Anyone know if this spring will fit Nukeproof Steel Spring 2.5" - 3" | Chain Reaction Cycles. It will only be temporary as the shop is sending me a 550 spring in February. Cheers!

I used a 2.5 cane creek valt. It was a little big and had to use zip ties to compress it. I can't see a 3" working well to install.

Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 5:06 Quote
Scythe024 wrote:

It's claimed "bronze" in the online shop: https://store.ibiscycles.com/ibis-head-badge-p29.aspx

You need a tiny 1.27mm Allen key to get the screws out

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008896
Mobile Version of Website