Ripmo AF Thread

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo AF Thread
Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 12:39 Quote
OpeSorryAbootThat wrote:
It appears to have been a few months since the last similar post, so I though I would check to see if anyone had recently had a new Ripmo AF delivered (calling @BooZiggy).

I ordered mine back in December and was told it would be in the shop by march (it sounded like the shop had already had the bike on order) and now the shop says there is no definite word from Ibis. I'm trying not to pester them since I am certain there's a million other people in the same boat but it's still frustrating.

Cough cough Suez canal

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 13:05 Quote
OpeSorryAbootThat wrote:
It appears to have been a few months since the last similar post, so I though I would check to see if anyone had recently had a new Ripmo AF delivered (calling @BooZiggy).

I ordered mine back in December and was told it would be in the shop by march (it sounded like the shop had already had the bike on order) and now the shop says there is no definite word from Ibis. I'm trying not to pester them since I am certain there's a million other people in the same boat but it's still frustrating.

Ordered a 2021 Deore model on 21 November and received it on 10 February.

It arrived with a mix of Deore and SLX parts. Also came with Aggressor tires front and back which was a little odd to me. Everything else was as specified.

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 13:09 Quote
kwapik wrote:
OpeSorryAbootThat wrote:

It arrived with a mix of Deore and SLX parts. Also came with Aggressor tires front and back which was a little odd to me. Everything else was as specified.

Yea ibis are not very specific about there bikes spec they just through random shit on it but it can be nice sometimes

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 14:28 Quote
kwapik wrote:
OpeSorryAbootThat wrote:

Same experience. All Deore parts, but Aggressor tires front and back. Similar delivery schedule too.

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 15:43 Quote
Ibis has a good write up on their website. Link Here's the interesting part:

Unprece­dent­ed sup­ply chain issues are affect­ing every type of ven­dor at every lev­el of the man­u­fac­tur­ing process. We have seen the orig­i­nal ETA on some deliv­er­ies slip by over six months. These delays direct­ly affect our promised deliv­ery dates.

Our ware­house is full of ​“almost bikes”, wait­ing on key parts. Our esti­mates for deliv­ery dates are based on frame avail­abil­i­ty, as we know exact­ly how many frames will be avail­able each month.

Ibis has been scour­ing the earth to find alter­nate sources of key miss­ing parts. We now reg­u­lar­ly pur­chase parts at sub­stan­tial­ly high­er prices and air­freight them (rather than ocean) to save time. We have even paid retail for parts on eBay to help deliv­er bikes.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 7:48 Quote
Circe wrote:
Ibis has a good write up on their website. Link Here's the interesting part:

Unprece­dent­ed sup­ply chain issues are affect­ing every type of ven­dor at every lev­el of the man­u­fac­tur­ing process. We have seen the orig­i­nal ETA on some deliv­er­ies slip by over six months. These delays direct­ly affect our promised deliv­ery dates.

Our ware­house is full of ​“almost bikes”, wait­ing on key parts. Our esti­mates for deliv­ery dates are based on frame avail­abil­i­ty, as we know exact­ly how many frames will be avail­able each month.

Ibis has been scour­ing the earth to find alter­nate sources of key miss­ing parts. We now reg­u­lar­ly pur­chase parts at sub­stan­tial­ly high­er prices and air­freight them (rather than ocean) to save time. We have even paid retail for parts on eBay to help deliv­er bikes.

My bar, stem and rotors weren’t what was listed on the spec sheet. They were all slightly better spec parts. Bike was delivered last fall.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 7:55 Quote
Anyone have a brake pad recommendatio for the Deore model? I hate how much noise the stock ones make. I get shit on by friends for the sequel when they get hot.

Also anyone upgrade to the XT rotors from the Deore ones? I'm hearing swapping out the rotors to the XT will do more for the breaking power than if I replaced the calipers with the XT ones. Since I was thinking of upgrading my calipers originally, I'm thinking I should do this first

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 8:06 Quote
Scythe024 wrote:
Anyone have a brake pad recommendatio for the Deore model? I hate how much noise the stock ones make. I get shit on by friends for the sequel when they get hot.

Also anyone upgrade to the XT rotors from the Deore ones? I'm hearing swapping out the rotors to the XT will do more for the breaking power than if I replaced the calipers with the XT ones. Since I was thinking of upgrading my calipers originally, I'm thinking I should do this first

If they came with metallic pads, try organics

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 8:23 Quote
Scythe024 wrote:

Upgrading calipers would give no advantage really, as all the features are in the respective levers. SLX lever gets lever position adjust, and XT lever gets bite point adjust.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 8:49 Quote
OpeSorryAbootThat wrote:

Ordered mine in june, got it in march. Was originally told it would arrive in august, then september, then december, then january, and then in april. I got 'lucky' and ibis agreed to send my bike without casette and shifter so that I could get it in march instead of later. Since ibis pay around $60 for the $100 retail deore casette and $15 for the $30 retail deore shifter, they were only able to refund 60 for the casette and 15 for the shifter. That meant I had to pay the rest out of my own pocket to get the parts. The bike did come with slx cranks though.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 9:23 Quote
Scythe024 wrote:

XT rotors have the heat dissipation material sandwich. Some people complain about them warping but they've been fine for me. Bigger diameter rotors is guaranteed mechanical advantage and more surface for heat dissipation

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 11:46 Quote
Scythe024 wrote:

Had the same issue, noise AF after a couple of dh trails. I recently went with 203mm front/rear Shimano ice tech rotors (adapter for rear/washers up front) with Shimano H03C metallic pads. Big difference and no noise!

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 12:05 Quote
domdb wrote:
OpeSorryAbootThat wrote:

Ordered mine in june, got it in march. Was originally told it would arrive in august, then september, then december, then january, and then in april. I got 'lucky' and ibis agreed to send my bike without casette and shifter so that I could get it in march instead of later. Since ibis pay around $60 for the $100 retail deore casette and $15 for the $30 retail deore shifter, they were only able to refund 60 for the casette and 15 for the shifter. That meant I had to pay the rest out of my own pocket to get the parts. The bike did come with slx cranks though.

Happy to hear I can expect to get my bike in -1 to 6 months based on the replies. Hopefully it comes in soon, glad to hear folks have been getting SLX bits rather than Shimeng Toumey on their Deore orders.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 13:34 Quote
Orosales wrote:
Scythe024 wrote:

Had the same issue, noise AF after a couple of dh trails. I recently went with 203mm front/rear Shimano ice tech rotors (adapter for rear/washers up front) with Shimano H03C metallic pads. Big difference and no noise!

Awesome to hear. Exactly what I was planning on doing. Not sure if I was going to do 203 in the rear, but maybe I'll do that now lol.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 15:06 Quote
OpeSorryAbootThat wrote:
domdb wrote:
OpeSorryAbootThat wrote:

Happy to hear I can expect to get my bike in -1 to 6 months based on the replies. Hopefully it comes in soon, glad to hear folks have been getting SLX bits rather than Shimeng Toumey on their Deore orders.

I placed an order in Feb. I was told that they should have the frame by March 30th (haven't checked to confirm) with the Deore build kit arriving 2 - 3 months after. Fingers crossed for a June arrival!

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006633
Mobile Version of Website