Ripmo AF Thread

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo AF Thread
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 22:04 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Here you go Orosales -

Is that a dhf/dhr combo

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 7:05 Quote
Seemed a little weird to run the big S tires but I’ll try em out, plus they have green on the sidewalls too. Butcher T9, Eliminator T7

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 10:29 Quote
Dabroski-5 wrote:
kwapik wrote:
Here you go Orosales -

Is that a dhf/dhr combo

Thank you! - Kwapik

Dabroski - Yeah, DHF 2.6/ DHRii 2.4

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 11:18 Quote
Dabroski-5 wrote:
kwapik wrote:
Here you go Orosales -

Is that a dhf/dhr combo

yep, totally rad.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 22:42 Quote
I finally got out for my first proper bike weekend since the borders are opening up again. Reschenpass at the junction of Austria/Switzerland/Italy is a favourite spot to wreck some wheels smashing through high speed rock gardens.

I made some last minute changes the day before and for once they all worked out:
SQLabs 16 degree sweep bars. I did the "hold a pen in your fist" rough test and measured 18-20 degrees for myself. There was zero adaptation time necessary for me even with this extreme sweep, it felt natural immediately.
Fidlok + 100cc Oneup pump. Not a perfect fit as I had to tighten the radius for the dropper cable, which I can feel in my thumb now. It worked well enough for the weekend and the pump was the most borrowed of the 8 of us (3 bent rims, a few Salami and 2 tube "reversions" over 3 days)
Super low fork PSI. (45? 0-OTT) I have been battling basic sag setup since the beginning and got the go-ahead from Geoff at DVO to set low enough pressure that the OTT negative spring actually pulls the fork back to around 160mm at rest (with 170mm full travel).
I will play with it more but this last minute setup felt the best the fork ever has. (143lbs/65kg rider)

We were ready for snow but it was mostly hot and dusty.
Halfway down the Bunker Trail at the traditional tyre repair point.

The oversize 34 tooth size bash guard was ripped off day2, Salami was used day 1.
Cushcore is recommended. Any damage was my fault for being too brave with the tyre pressure.
165mm cranks feel great, I only had 2 light pedal strikes 1 definitely my fault when I got tired.

All cleaned up after day 1, so shiny!

I now have no regrets "downgrading" from the Yeti SB6. Modern 29er geo feels great descending, pedals great with a 28T chainring.
I am not bothered by the weight except when lifting it onto the cable car, and as a bonus it is easy to clean.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 0:10 Quote
Really tried to go through this whole thread to find an answer, but it's so long! Just ordered a medium that will be available in September. I'm 5'8" with a 29.5" inseam. Anybody with similar measurements running a 170mm dropper? Or is 150 about the max there? Thanks!

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 1:43 Quote
Gaving wrote:
Really tried to go through this whole thread to find an answer, but it's so long! Just ordered a medium that will be available in September. I'm 5'8" with a 29.5" inseam. Anybody with similar measurements running a 170mm dropper? Or is 150 about the max there? Thanks!
The raw bike above is medium with 185mm bike yoke dropper at maximum insertion. I am about 5'7 with 28 inseam and it is perfect fully extended by pure chance.
The saddle scrubbed the rear tyre on bottom out until I wiggled it forward a few mm. It is nice being able to completely slam it out of the way!

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 7:01 Quote

I got this test frame and managed to give it a good beating this weekend. It rides steep terrain well but I can feel the flex on jumps and tight turns. I know some flex is good but this just feels uncontrolled.

Climbs well and the suspension feels good. Not a slam it still is really fun and fast.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 7:25 Quote
Turpsicle wrote:
Gaving wrote:
The raw bike above is medium with 185mm bike yoke dropper at maximum insertion. I am about 5'7 with 28 inseam and it is perfect fully extended by pure chance.
The saddle scrubbed the rear tyre on bottom out until I wiggled it forward a few mm. It is nice being able to completely slam it out of the way!

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 7:50 Quote
Gaving wrote:
Turpsicle wrote:
Gaving wrote:

Thanks!

I'm roughly same height/inseam, you can see how much the dropper sticks out on mine (150mm stock KS) on the previous page, I've actually brought it up a bit more since that picture too, just measured it ~6cm above the bottom of the collar. The standover is still so much lower than my old bike (29er Jekyll) that I haven't noticed it. But to get the most out of it 170 or 185mm would be ideal.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 9:18 Quote
Loving all the tanwalls on this page Lol. Dad bike gets some dad tires

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 9:26 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:

Yeah I've never been a fan, but evidently, lot's of people like them here. I can't say I ever really see them on the trails here either, or a least it's rare enough not to notice.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 9:55 Quote
matt-c wrote:
Gaving wrote:
Turpsicle wrote:

Thanks for the help guys

Thanks!

I'm roughly same height/inseam, you can see how much the dropper sticks out on mine (150mm stock KS) on the previous page, I've actually brought it up a bit more since that picture too, just measured it ~6cm above the bottom of the collar. The standover is still so much lower than my old bike (29er Jekyll) that I haven't noticed it. But to get the most out of it 170 or 185mm would be ideal.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 10:48 Quote
mammal wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:

Yeah I've never been a fan, but evidently, lot's of people like them here. I can't say I ever really see them on the trails here either, or a least it's rare enough not to notice.

I don't love them on all bikes, but with the silver paint and green bits it all comes together nicely.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 10:49 Quote
700-pirate wrote:

I got this test frame and managed to give it a good beating this weekend. It rides steep terrain well but I can feel the flex on jumps and tight turns. I know some flex is good but this just feels uncontrolled.

Climbs well and the suspension feels good. Not a slam it still is really fun and fast.

You probably ride more aggressively than I do, but man, I don't find this bike flexy at all. Maybe my standards are low, though, haha

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011424
Mobile Version of Website