Ripmo AF Thread

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo AF Thread
Author Message
Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 10:40 Quote
Happy to report I have a brand new 2022 Onyx fork arriving on Tuesday Eek Can't wait to try it out!

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 14:05 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Happy to report I have a brand new 2022 Onyx fork arriving on Tuesday Eek Can't wait to try it out!

Warranty Replacement or purchase?

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 14:23 Quote
NERyder wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Happy to report I have a brand new 2022 Onyx fork arriving on Tuesday Eek Can't wait to try it out!

Warranty Replacement or purchase?

Purchase to replace my Diamond

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 18:44 Quote
Circe wrote:
Turpsicle wrote:
Here is the Santa Cruz chainstay protector:
I chopped it to make the fit nicer but the original length would cover that area, just not following the curve inwards.

Is that the new Tallboy/Nomad one or the Hightower one?

Any idea if the Tallboy/Nomad protector would fit?

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 5:24 Quote
My Ripmo is fast approaching the 18 month mark which has historically been the longest I've kept a bike before replacing with something new. I've had the bushes replaced twice now, the rear shock twice (I'm onto my 3rd warranty replacement) and a few other small issues, but even with those niggles I've no intention of looking for anything new. Sure the bikes not light but it pedals so well (especially now I'm running 10spd microshift now) and descends even better, what more could you ask for.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 6:21 Quote
Mine's pushing a year and I too have had little I wanna change, although I've found the deore cassette has worn out shockingly fast. It's pretty dusty here with lots of long climbs, but still, I can usually get about two seasons out of a cassette if I switch chains.

Curious if people who think this bike climbs fast are comparing it to other bikes in the category. My last bike was a burly built process 111, which obviously had less travel out back, but was a single pivot and weighed about the same and I still find it was a lot peppier on the climbs. This bike just feels like a brute to me. That said, my priority is in no way the climbs, and I love it on the downs. It does very well on rocky techinical climbs though, where seated spinning over lumps is the method.

I've actually been in the bike park a lot lately and while a bit under-gunned in terms of travel, the frame and fork still feel very composed. Thinking one day I may slap a 170mm fork on there for park season.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 11:39 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Mine's pushing a year and I too have had little I wanna change, although I've found the deore cassette has worn out shockingly fast. It's pretty dusty here with lots of long climbs, but still, I can usually get about two seasons out of a cassette if I switch chains.

Curious if people who think this bike climbs fast are comparing it to other bikes in the category. My last bike was a burly built process 111, which obviously had less travel out back, but was a single pivot and weighed about the same and I still find it was a lot peppier on the climbs. This bike just feels like a brute to me. That said, my priority is in no way the climbs, and I love it on the downs. It does very well on rocky techinical climbs though, where seated spinning over lumps is the method.

I've actually been in the bike park a lot lately and while a bit under-gunned in terms of travel, the frame and fork still feel very composed. Thinking one day I may slap a 170mm fork on there for park season.

170 and 8.5x2.5 rear shock with a single offset bushing. Its a hell of a park enduro bike. Almost the same geometry and ride characteristics, just with a little bit more up AND down travel.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 11:51 Quote
Snowrydr01 wrote:
170 and 8.5x2.5 rear shock with a single offset bushing. Its a hell of a park enduro bike. Almost the same geometry and ride characteristics, just with a little bit more up AND down travel.

This is appealing to me. Starting with a new Onyx fork so I can test out 170mm up front Evil

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 12:15 Quote
Snowrydr01 wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Mine's pushing a year and I too have had little I wanna change, although I've found the deore cassette has worn out shockingly fast. It's pretty dusty here with lots of long climbs, but still, I can usually get about two seasons out of a cassette if I switch chains.

Curious if people who think this bike climbs fast are comparing it to other bikes in the category. My last bike was a burly built process 111, which obviously had less travel out back, but was a single pivot and weighed about the same and I still find it was a lot peppier on the climbs. This bike just feels like a brute to me. That said, my priority is in no way the climbs, and I love it on the downs. It does very well on rocky techinical climbs though, where seated spinning over lumps is the method.

I've actually been in the bike park a lot lately and while a bit under-gunned in terms of travel, the frame and fork still feel very composed. Thinking one day I may slap a 170mm fork on there for park season.

170 and 8.5x2.5 rear shock with a single offset bushing. Its a hell of a park enduro bike. Almost the same geometry and ride characteristics, just with a little bit more up AND down travel.

I kinda don't know what this means: 8.5x2.5 rear shock with a single offset bushing.
haha. I'm not that experienced with all the rear sus jargon etc. Longer travel shock? Any clearance issues?

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 12:19 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Snowrydr01 wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Mine's pushing a year and I too have had little I wanna change, although I've found the deore cassette has worn out shockingly fast. It's pretty dusty here with lots of long climbs, but still, I can usually get about two seasons out of a cassette if I switch chains.

Curious if people who think this bike climbs fast are comparing it to other bikes in the category. My last bike was a burly built process 111, which obviously had less travel out back, but was a single pivot and weighed about the same and I still find it was a lot peppier on the climbs. This bike just feels like a brute to me. That said, my priority is in no way the climbs, and I love it on the downs. It does very well on rocky techinical climbs though, where seated spinning over lumps is the method.

I've actually been in the bike park a lot lately and while a bit under-gunned in terms of travel, the frame and fork still feel very composed. Thinking one day I may slap a 170mm fork on there for park season.

170 and 8.5x2.5 rear shock with a single offset bushing. Its a hell of a park enduro bike. Almost the same geometry and ride characteristics, just with a little bit more up AND down travel.

I kinda don't know what this means: 8.5x2.5 rear shock with a single offset bushing.
haha. I'm not that experienced with all the rear sus jargon etc. Longer travel shock? Any clearance issues?

Decently big thread on MTBR about it but the offset shock bushing brings the BB back down to factory spec. The yoke gets close to the seat tube but doesn't hit. Ibis enduro team runs LT Ripmos (170 front and more than stock rear, 160?)

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 12:49 Quote
Well I was all set to buy the cascade link, but thought I’d check with Ibis about if fitting it would invalidate the warranty and they’ve come back and said

“We do not support the Cascade link, and using it will void your warranty.“

Disappointing but I guessed that might be the response. I suppose I’ll get on to my mate and get those 1/4 and 1/2 volume bands printed.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 3:09 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Snowrydr01 wrote:


170 and 8.5x2.5 rear shock with a single offset bushing. Its a hell of a park enduro bike. Almost the same geometry and ride characteristics, just with a little bit more up AND down travel.

I kinda don't know what this means: 8.5x2.5 rear shock with a single offset bushing.
haha. I'm not that experienced with all the rear sus jargon etc. Longer travel shock? Any clearance issues?

Decently big thread on MTBR about it but the offset shock bushing brings the BB back down to factory spec. The yoke gets close to the seat tube but doesn't hit. Ibis enduro team runs LT Ripmos (170 front and more than stock rear, 160?)

168 rear, feels like a magic carpet. I put on a fox2 and took all the bands out so its very linear like a coil. Only 8500ft descending on it but I ride a rough choppy rock park and it's the rear I've always wanted this bike to have.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 3:11 Quote
muggomagic wrote:
Well I was all set to buy the cascade link, but thought I’d check with Ibis about if fitting it would invalidate the warranty and they’ve come back and said

“We do not support the Cascade link, and using it will void your warranty.“

Disappointing but I guessed that might be the response. I suppose I’ll get on to my mate and get those 1/4 and 1/2 volume bands printed.

Not to sound unethical but it only takes a few minutes to put back on for a warranty claim

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 3:22 Quote
Snowrydr01 wrote:
muggomagic wrote:
Well I was all set to buy the cascade link, but thought I’d check with Ibis about if fitting it would invalidate the warranty and they’ve come back and said

“We do not support the Cascade link, and using it will void your warranty.“

Disappointing but I guessed that might be the response. I suppose I’ll get on to my mate and get those 1/4 and 1/2 volume bands printed.

Not to sound unethical but it only takes a few minutes to put back on for a warranty claim

Very true. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to post about fitting one on here if you were to do such a thing though.

So just to be clear to anyone working in the Ibis warranty dept. I'm am NOT going to fit one to my bike.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 6:44 Quote
muggomagic wrote:
Snowrydr01 wrote:
muggomagic wrote:
Well I was all set to buy the cascade link, but thought I’d check with Ibis about if fitting it would invalidate the warranty and they’ve come back and said

“We do not support the Cascade link, and using it will void your warranty.“

Disappointing but I guessed that might be the response. I suppose I’ll get on to my mate and get those 1/4 and 1/2 volume bands printed.

Not to sound unethical but it only takes a few minutes to put back on for a warranty claim

Very true. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to post about fitting one on here if you were to do such a thing though.

So just to be clear to anyone working in the Ibis warranty dept. I'm am NOT going to fit one to my bike.

I'm sure Ibis would say the same for those who are long-shocking or over forking with 170mm up front. None of those people would be divulging that info on a warranty claim.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007003
Mobile Version of Website