Ripmo AF Thread

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo AF Thread
O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 15:34 Quote
Thinking this might be a good one month option. Right length,and right stroke but to eyelets are in line not purpendicular. Not sure of the piston can be rotated easily. Also not sure about the hardware size of the Ripmo and if I would need to find special bushings. Anyone who knows what they are doing willing to look at this link to a super deluxe shock on eBay for me?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274925573263?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D234199%26meid%3D30b575b00b354817a6124b16330f1d97%26pid%3D100935%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D265031625194%26itm%3D274925573263%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2332490%26algv%3DSimplAMLv9PairwiseUnbiasedWebCpr08BowacV2GreedyV3%26brand%3DRockshox&_trksid=p2332490.c100935.m2460&amdata=cksum%3A27492557326330b575b00b354817a6124b16330f1d97%7Cenc%3AAQAGAAACENMRtZ6EHIKChXGcLw9twAyFLvuNIwf9AqCm%252FLjixqgI9SXD9Fwv%252FpkipywOCQ1%252Bh7%252FkvTPrGPV5l8ugx%252FLJMufY2nCzlYxgrvbvhR2cLVAegOV%252BRWkIsi%252FDf1EQR9bcM%252BMGIlSj12T5vhEq29cAqhMcAB2ScrR1ke69XjrsfacvWYZTyfSwqPl4jXCy0Q4Fu%252B%252BGjKA6Fjjki0HTXxOaLQGdZWc%252BoZdhErQUNVmxDU%252BPs8DCeyA%252BX7E6Zc6RtPoZRfk5SevoPKYxlPs06Y2ctWg2JYztFycizVfV5BDkjyEyK0RK7RuQJZ57rINOSIVs5dP4QFJzskzpmP%252FkBrLG%252Bn49w4OHwTlEp65ih4iTZg5fzPuNvHkmt48hfdtyn0jKfaccv5FllK30rulXqZcKvvbnMiAMSLQvP2751o7HDW%252FBiXbf%252B3rmSOv6iFdQm6Bdgi6TxIklx4%252B6V5ZIKxsHUwOhYStsL%252FI743LG36KpyZlPqL8d4NsQG4lRI1pxluOvmwrnfpD0XQEU%252FfvIbtRQTu35HlIc3CDp%252Fwv2X6MraFrD8qwJ2UcUZ61QUMKpeQg%252FgsA%252BPej6mR2hyxOiJMkjozH9oPGPyb%252BMAzuJSpZU4kYvCkBpa05orxBtgp4Mt%252F3CeIdjvfvyjBRCqYzCxxr0KcxxBoc%252Bueh9%252FEpFRZ66jp9UuFkEPutzqXpbWmLenp47VA%253D%253D%7Campid%3APL_CLK%7Cclp%3A2332490

Wow that is such a long url

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 15:06 Quote
Just wanted to say I've been riding my stock wheels on the Ripmo AF for a year now, including many days at the park and have to say these budget wheels have have held up well with all the rocks and bad jump landings under my 200lbs. Just found out had had two rear spokes broke, but amazingly the rear wheel wasn't wobbling or dented. The simple rims look cool too, especially with tanwalls.

Also, I'm gonna send my fork and JadeX to suspensoin works near Vancouver this winter - anyone done the same?

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 16:39 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Just wanted to say I've been riding my stock wheels on the Ripmo AF for a year now, including many days at the park and have to say these budget wheels have have held up well with all the rocks and bad jump landings under my 200lbs. Just found out had had two rear spokes broke, but amazingly the rear wheel wasn't wobbling or dented. The simple rims look cool too, especially with tanwalls.

Also, I'm gonna send my fork and JadeX to suspensoin works near Vancouver this winter - anyone done the same?

Yeah I completely agree the only thing worth upgrading to is the carbon Ibis rims that are not even available. Do you also run the cascade link?

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 17:14 Quote
Kmccann137 wrote:

Yeah I completely agree the only thing worth upgrading to is the carbon Ibis rims that are not even available. Do you also run the cascade link?

I'm the other way, I like the aluminum hoops but dont like the factory hubs.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 17:49 Quote
Has anyone used a super deluxe r on their Ripmo AF. I found a takeoff for $300 and I was thinking of buying as a back shock and using it for the next month while my topaz is out to DVO for repair. Any thoughts?

Other option is a used deluxe or an Xfusion 02 pro with for $125ish. My concern is they will be poor performers on the AF. But they are a lot cheaper then the deluxe

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 20:00 Quote
Snowrydr01 wrote:
Kmccann137 wrote:

dude those hubs suck I literally broke the axle the metal is so soft

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 20:42 Quote
Dabroski-5 wrote:
Snowrydr01 wrote:
Kmccann137 wrote:

dude those hubs suck I literally broke the axle the metal is so soft

No cascade for me, at least yet.

The hubs are super basic seeming and engagement is not impressive next to my Chris Kings on the other bike. I plan on running these hoops as is and if they break I may build up speedier hub out back, but doubt the front will gimme issues any time soon (knock on wood!), I just have never really had issue with them. All my climbs are easy going, so if anything breaks it'll probably be axle related. I've actually had a tough time getting it back in the frame and have wondered if that was due to wear.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 21:05 Quote
. Also, I'm gonna send my fork and JadeX to suspensoin works near Vancouver this winter - anyone done the same?

I do my own DVO stuff because it's not overly complex, but I've gone to them for years with Fox stuff. They know what they're doing. I do shuttles with a few of them once a week, great people, great shop.

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 10:35 Quote

They did a really good job with my Onyx for some warranty work. I highly recommend them if you're not planning to do the work yourself. They were quick too. I had my fork back in 1 day after the repairs + damper and lower leg service.

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 13:28 Quote
tuckfordouble wrote:

They did a really good job with my Onyx for some warranty work. I highly recommend them if you're not planning to do the work yourself. They were quick too. I had my fork back in 1 day after the repairs + damper and lower leg service.

Awesome. Glad to hear it.

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 11:04 Quote
Just to update on those considering the cascade link. It was a huge pain to install, and you generally have to apply quite a bit of force to get the bolt holes to line up properly (not sure if it is this difficult to install the stock link). Seems as though the frames are not entirely straight. Helps if you have another person to help jockey it into position.

Overall the link works great and the extra progression has been quite nice. Still running 3 spacers so it hasn't entirely solved my issue, but I am much happier overall.

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 11:14 Quote
padenw24 wrote:
Just to update on those considering the cascade link. It was a huge pain to install, and you generally have to apply quite a bit of force to get the bolt holes to line up properly (not sure if it is this difficult to install the stock link). Seems as though the frames are not entirely straight. Helps if you have another person to help jockey it into position.

Overall the link works great and the extra progression has been quite nice. Still running 3 spacers so it hasn't entirely solved my issue, but I am much happier overall.

Did you race at the steel city enduro race?

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 11:17 Quote
padenw24 wrote:

Yep, the difficulty in reinstalling the link has been reported by me and a few others as well (this forum and the MTBR forum). Some people don't have an issue at all, so it must be hit or miss with frame alignment. I didn't need excessive force to reinstall, but I definitely needed to be really careful and of course, undo everything in the suspension linkage before reinstalling the link, and leave the fasteners fairly loose as I go, tightening everything up right at the end. It's no easier reinstalling the stock link, for reference, I've done that a couple times as well.

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 11:22 Quote
I can barely get my back axle to thread in, this doesn't surprise me, haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011610
Mobile Version of Website