Ripmo AF Thread

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo AF Thread
Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 9:04 Quote
FENDER RUBS TIRE
The 21 AF comes with the DVO Onyx SC D1 and 2.5 Maxxis Assagai Tires that rubs the DVO Fender when installed.
My dealer said this is a known problem and they won’t install the Fenders when they assemble the bike for rider safety.
Who else has this problem?

Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 9:44 Quote
Randsy wrote:
Does anybody of you have the problem with the black rubber seal ring on the S35 freehub coming off the freehub after every ride? Even with a replacement ring the issue is still present on my rear wheel. Apart from that no problems with the S35 wheelset after 1.5 years of use.

No seal has ever come out of mine in 2 years, but perhaps that's why I'm not sure which seal you're talking about. Can you elaborate exactly where the seal is?

Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 11:45 Quote
Randsy wrote:
Does anybody of you have the problem with the black rubber seal ring on the S35 freehub coming off the freehub after every ride? Even with a replacement ring the issue is still present on my rear wheel. Apart from that no problems with the S35 wheelset after 1.5 years of use.

I was having this problem, repeatedly. But I eventually upgraded wheelset. (not really for this reason, I had always planned on putting on some NOBL's with a high end hub.)

Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 13:09 Quote
lazyname wrote:
Randsy wrote:

I was having this problem, repeatedly. But I eventually upgraded wheelset. (not really for this reason, I had always planned on putting on some NOBL's with a high end hub.)

Where exactly was the seal?

Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 18:05 Quote
mammal wrote:
lazyname wrote:
Randsy wrote:

Where exactly was the seal?

This is the seal.

Posted: Oct 9, 2021 at 0:21 Quote
WWJSNDO wrote:
FENDER RUBS TIRE
The 21 AF comes with the DVO Onyx SC D1 and 2.5 Maxxis Assagai Tires that rubs the DVO Fender when installed.
My dealer said this is a known problem and they won’t install the Fenders when they assemble the bike for rider safety.
Who else has this problem?

Mine fits just fine, its close and can be an effective mud scraper when it's real claggy. (UK summer)

Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 4:34 Quote
I had the same issue. A light coat of rtv on the hub/seal mating surface makes sure it doesn’t fall out.

Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 8:40 Quote
SkinnieAF wrote:
Anyone with the Cascade link for their AFs run a Jade-X with a prorate spring?

My buddy does and I got to try it. It was very simple off the top it's amazing bottom out support so no complaints. He eventually switched to a sprindex for more adjustability

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 15:48 Quote
Hi all. Loving the Jade x on my ripmo af but surprised to be going through the travel on it as easily as i do…. Im 77kg kitted up and running the 450 spring, the sag is spot on with minimal preload and feels great so I don’t really want to run a heavier spring so a progressive spring seems the obvious route to go down. Cane creek do a 450-550 spring so i am currently looking at this option. Anyone run a cane creek valt progressive spring on their jade x and are you happy with the results… Also did the spring fit ok or was a spacer of some sort required? Would really appreciate any feedback on this.
Cheers.

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 23:19 Quote
trigrwoods wrote:
Hi all. Loving the Jade x on my ripmo af but surprised to be going through the travel on it as easily as i do…. Im 77kg kitted up and running the 450 spring, the sag is spot on with minimal preload and feels great so I don’t really want to run a heavier spring so a progressive spring seems the obvious route to go down. Cane creek do a 450-550 spring so i am currently looking at this option. Anyone run a cane creek valt progressive spring on their jade x and are you happy with the results… Also did the spring fit ok or was a spacer of some sort required? Would really appreciate any feedback on this.
Cheers.

If you have no luck here, I'd drop TF Tuned an email, they've been really helpful for me in the past getting the right parts and the shock to feel how I want.

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 2:25 Quote
trigrwoods wrote:
Cheers.

You want a cascade components link. £200
https://cascadecomponents.co.uk/products/ripmo-af-link

Mine is a lot better with this, no bottom outs that I can feel (so far)

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
Superfli wrote:
trigrwoods wrote:
Cheers.

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 13:43 Quote
trigrwoods wrote:
Superfli wrote:
trigrwoods wrote:
Cheers.

Looks good! A bit pricier than going the progressive spring route but a better solution im sure.
Have you found any negatives running this link, and is setup the same…. are you running the same spring and preload or did you need to make any changes?
Thanks.

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 19:20 Quote
trigrwoods wrote:
Looks good! A bit pricier than going the progressive spring route but a better solution im sure.
Have you found any negatives running this link, and is setup the same…. are you running the same spring and preload or did you need to make any changes?
Thanks.

I think the downside is voiding your warranty with the Cascade link. I run the progressive spring on mine for bike park days and haven't wanted more progression.

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 8:45 Quote
Hey all! Long time listener, first time caller ...

Am taking a hard look at the Ibis Ripmo as my next right (likely v1). I'm 5'5 and 150lbs so I seem to fall smack dab in the middle of their sizing recommendations.

Does anyone have thoughts or recommendations on what size (S or M) would be best for me?

I appreciate a fair degree on handling on my bikes (currently riding a 27.5 Canyon Spectral sized S) but I'm looking to upgrade to something with a more efficient pedaling platform, strong climbing capability, and enough travel to be comfortable on the downs ... which the Ripmo seems to meet.

Thanks in advance for any help or recommendations!

Active Forum Threads
1 mins ago - YT Jeffsy 29 Thread
5 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
9 mins ago - HOW TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK {☎} +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta,Brunei,Japan
11 mins ago - Love Spells Which Manifests In 24 hours {☎} +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta,Brunei
12 mins ago - Tallboy v4 Lower link
13 mins ago - Best Online Love Spell Caster to get your Ex Lover +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta
13 mins ago - Strong And Powerful Love Spell To Win Your Ex Back +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta
15 mins ago - Money Rituals That Really Work +27735257866 in South Africa,USA,UK,Canada,Lesotho,Zambia,Zimbabwe,UAE
16 mins ago - Most Effective Money Spells to Get Rich in South Africa +27735257866 USA,UK,Canada,Lesotho,Zambia,Zimbabwe (BMX)
18 mins ago - High Quality SSD Solution for Cleaning Black Money in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho
23 mins ago - Crank question…need a little help
24 mins ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
27 mins ago - SSD Chemical for Defaced Notes in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho,Swaziland,Kenya
28 mins ago - Ssd Super Automatic Solution in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho,Swaziland
29 mins ago - DX-1 SSD Solution and Activation Powder in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho
31 mins ago - Black Money Cleaning SSD Chemicals suppliers +27735257866 in South Africa,Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana
31 mins ago - Trek Slash 2021 ?
32 mins ago - Burnaby Biking
57 mins ago - All Things Meta 29er!
1 hours ago - Osta gamma-butyrolaktoni GBL verkossa, Osta fenyyliasetoni verkosta, (BMX)
1 hours ago - Kjøp gamma-butyrolakton GBL online, kjøp fenylaceton online, kjøp GBL online, (BMX)
1 hours ago - Cumpărați gamma butirolactonă GBL online, Cumpărați fenilacetonă online, (BMX)
1 hours ago - Køb gamma butyrolacton GBL online, Køb Phenylacetone online, Køb GBL online, (BMX)
1 hours ago - Nakupujte gama butyrolakton GBL online, Nakupujte fenylaceton online, (BMX)
1 hours ago - Kup gamma butyrolakton GBL online, Kup fenyloaceton online, Kup GBL online, (BMX)

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006731
Mobile Version of Website