close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Ripmo AF Thread

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo AF Thread
Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 17:59 Quote
Yeah if I get another it's for more drop. After a summer at the park with the post all the way down I have gained an appreciation for the low low seat.

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 12:56 Quote
Just noticed that Ibis now has frame protector kits for the Ripmo/Ripley AF. Comes with downtube, chainstay, seatstay and lower linkage guards. If I hadn't just put on my homemade kydex shield I'd be all over this. https://store.ibiscycles.com/collections/parts/products/alloy-frame-protection-kit

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 13:33 Quote
tuckfordouble wrote:
Just noticed that Ibis now has frame protector kits for the Ripmo/Ripley AF. Comes with downtube, chainstay, seatstay and lower linkage guards. If I hadn't just put on my homemade kydex shield I'd be all over this.

Thanks for the heads-up, I will definitely be buying one of those. I'll post this over at the MTBR forum, in case you haven't yet.

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 14:32 Quote
Nice and the new frame also has different internal routing mounts.

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 14:54 Quote
Kmccann137 wrote:

Looked those up to see if they were worth getting, along with the protection. $30 USD for a few plastic ports and tiny screws! I think I'll pass on that.

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 15:58 Quote
mammal wrote:
Kmccann137 wrote:

Looked those up to see if they were worth getting, along with the protection. $30 USD for a few plastic ports and tiny screws! I think I'll pass on that.

They are definitely not worth it. They scrape the sides of the cables when you route them thru.

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 17:37 Quote
Kmccann137 wrote:
mammal wrote:
Kmccann137 wrote:

They are definitely not worth it. They scrape the sides of the cables when you route them thru.

The ones on the website are now the new plastic ones. You're saying those ones catch/scrape the cables too?

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 18:11 Quote
mammal wrote:
Kmccann137 wrote:
mammal wrote:

The ones on the website are now the new plastic ones. You're saying those ones catch/scrape the cables too?

Yeah they scrape the cables a little bit but mostly the brake lines. For me it was so so worth it for a couple reasons, no more cable shavings all over the place, and actually grabs the cables to prevent rattling.

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 19:52 Quote
benson-m-g wrote:
mammal wrote:
Kmccann137 wrote:

Yeah they scrape the cables a little bit but mostly the brake lines. For me it was so so worth it for a couple reasons, no more cable shavings all over the place, and actually grabs the cables to prevent rattling.

So you're saying that the new ports do not scrape the cables and brake lines?

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 23:30 Quote
The do scrape them a bit, but less so that the metal ones. The only thing to be careful of is that it's harder to get the screw in as the cables won't easily move out the way without the guide moving. I was really careful to thread the screw in a few turns by hand (which isn't easy with my big hands), I can see a lot of people not being as careful and making a mess of the threads.

Posted: Nov 12, 2021 at 15:16 Quote
Finally took delivery on my AF after ordering in July and I'm super excited to get some miles on it! The shop where I ordered it sets up the rebound and other click dials on their suspensions as "clicks from open" instead of the seemingly industry standard "clicks from closed" as they think there is some risk in damaging the internals by going too many clicks closed to start. I'm not completely convinced with this method. The point of my post, though, is to see how many total clicks of rebound adjustment there are on the Onyx so I can fiddle around with it if need be without damaging. Thanks in advance!

Posted: Nov 12, 2021 at 18:03 Quote
Ibis has it clicks from open in the manual.

Posted: Nov 12, 2021 at 22:07 Quote
Kmccann137 wrote:

Can you point me to the manual you're referring to? In the most recent setup guide here: https://assets-ibiscycles-com.s3.amazonaws.com/files/Ibis_Owners_Guide_Rev_M_Book_FINAL_0921a_WEB_DL.pdf it's listed as clicks from closed. Thanks

Posted: Nov 13, 2021 at 8:44 Quote
Im thinking about buying a new enduro bike this Christmas and am stuck between the ripmo and the Commencal Meta AM 29. I have a budget of 4000 and I'm going to be racing enduro and dh.

Posted: Nov 13, 2021 at 8:57 Quote
Gaving wrote:
Kmccann137 wrote:

Can you point me to the manual you're referring to? In the most recent setup guide here: https://assets-ibiscycles-com.s3.amazonaws.com/files/Ibis_Owners_Guide_Rev_M_Book_FINAL_0921a_WEB_DL.pdf it's listed as clicks from closed. Thanks
That manual and the dvo one linked from it both have compression as turns from open, rebound as clicks from closed.
I've been doing both from closed but I'm a hack.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023185
Mobile Version of Website