Ripmo AF Thread

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo AF Thread
O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2021 at 12:40 Quote
Oliver3661770 wrote:
Im thinking about buying a new enduro bike this Christmas and am stuck between the ripmo and the Commencal Meta AM 29. I have a budget of 4000 and I'm going to be racing enduro and dh.

I think the commensalism is more of a point and plow gravity oriented ride. If that’s what you want it for it might prove a better fit fir racing. The ripmo is less plowey but more responsive and peddlable. So really depends what you want to do.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2021 at 14:30 Quote
Oliver3661770 wrote:
Im thinking about buying a new enduro bike this Christmas and am stuck between the ripmo and the Commencal Meta AM 29. I have a budget of 4000 and I'm going to be racing enduro and dh.

Commencal.

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 17:33 Quote
Oliver3661770 wrote:

If you're planning on racing go for the Meta. The geometry is more suited to flat out speed and it has a few more mm of suspension travel.

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 17:58 Quote
tuckfordouble wrote:
Oliver3661770 wrote:

If you're planning on racing go for the Meta. The geometry is more suited to flat out speed and it has a few more mm of suspension travel.

Oh thank you

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 8:43 Quote
Any word on a Ripmo AF v2?

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 11:04 Quote
jivonnet wrote:
Any word on a Ripmo AF v2?
Nope

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 11:55 Quote
They are probably still waiting on bikes ordered a year ago haha.

I wouldn't change much. Maybe a touch slacker or at least approve it for longer forks and / angle sets. Still love it as is.

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 13:26 Quote
tuckfordouble wrote:
Just noticed that Ibis now has frame protector kits for the Ripmo/Ripley AF. Comes with downtube, chainstay, seatstay and lower linkage guards. If I hadn't just put on my homemade kydex shield I'd be all over this. https://store.ibiscycles.com/collections/parts/products/alloy-frame-protection-kit

This might be old news but just as a PSA, I learned from Ibis that they just finished putting one of these in the mail for everyone who registered a warranty before the protection kits were available.

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 13:35 Quote
melanthius wrote:
tuckfordouble wrote:
Just noticed that Ibis now has frame protector kits for the Ripmo/Ripley AF. Comes with downtube, chainstay, seatstay and lower linkage guards. If I hadn't just put on my homemade kydex shield I'd be all over this. https://store.ibiscycles.com/collections/parts/products/alloy-frame-protection-kit

This might be old news but just as a PSA, I learned from Ibis that they just finished putting one of these in the mail for everyone who registered a warranty before the protection kits were available.

Were there many warranties for the metal frame?

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 13:50 Quote
They mean everyone who activated the warranty by registering their frame/bike purchase. Not anyone who made a claim under the warranty.

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 14:04 Quote
melanthius wrote:
They mean everyone who activated the warranty by registering their frame/bike purchase. Not anyone who made a claim under the warranty.

Well thanks for the warning. I've been on the fence about buying that, and I'm definitely registered, so hopefully I'll get one in the mail.

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 15:57 Quote
Wow that’s cool. Also I wouldn’t change a damn thing except maybe make stiffer.

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 19:03 Quote
Anyone know what's up with the AFs on Jenson? They have 2021 GX builds for 4599 and 2022 SLX for 4299. Did something change between model years?

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2021 at 6:55 Quote
ripnjim wrote:
Anyone know what's up with the AFs on Jenson? They have 2021 GX builds for 4599 and 2022 SLX for 4299. Did something change between model years?

The specs for both bikes appear to be are as they were for 2021, so I'm surprised the SLX version is that much less. The frame hasn't changed, and if anything, I'd think the newer one would have a better chance of including the newer version of the Onyx (just speculation). Good deal.

Posted: Nov 19, 2021 at 9:26 Quote
mammal wrote:
ripnjim wrote:

The specs for both bikes appear to be are as they were for 2021, so I'm surprised the SLX version is that much less. The frame hasn't changed, and if anything, I'd think the newer one would have a better chance of including the newer version of the Onyx (just speculation). Good deal.

I know someone who ordered a ripmo last december and it is supposed to arrive in mid december. Do you think ibis will include the new onyx?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012651
Mobile Version of Website