Ripmo AF Thread

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo AF Thread
O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2021 at 19:28 Quote
You don't need an exploded view because it's that simple... just order the hardware. If you can't figure out how the two pieces fit on the upper/lower eyelet then go to a shop and they'll do it for you.

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2021 at 19:33 Quote
WasatchEnduro wrote:
My RAF was amazeballs on a super deluxe + cascade link but not supportive enough deeper in the stroke on coil + stock link.

I’d say stock link + progressive spring or cascade + standard spring for coil lovers.

I’m still experimenting with shock swaps and tuning to get my v1 sentinel + cascade to feel as good as the RAF.

I struggled with the progressive coil on stock link. 425-500 was too much sag and 475-575 was too harsh on rough chunk in the midstroke.

With such a large gap between springs I think people need to be aware of the risk of falling between springs.

I finally got a X2 and would not consider running the coil on this bike again, the X2 is perfect.

Posted: Dec 19, 2021 at 1:28 Quote
SquatchOut wrote:
What's the consensus on using progressive springs on the Jade-X coil on the Ripmo AF? If you've tried them, how do you like them compared to the linear spring? I'm on a 450 linear and like it, but thinking of trying the 425-500 Prorate progressive. I'm probably 167-170 all geared up. Thoughts?
(I tried searching through and reading a bunch of previous posts, but it's a lot to go through)
See my reply on page 193:
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=215913&pagenum=193

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2021 at 5:28 Quote
I read your post - very informative and interesting

However, I think you basically proved the best shock for this bike is the X2. If you need more bottom out support then add volume spacers. If you need a bike for lift service, buy a different bike.

The beauty of the Ripmo is it pedals well. If you happen to already have a Ripmo and need it for lift service then put a cascade link. But if your searching for a bike for lift service I feel like there’s better options out there… 170 up front. 64 degree head angle, more progressive rear end

Posted: Dec 21, 2021 at 1:39 Quote
dresendsit wrote:
The beauty of the Ripmo is it pedals well. If you happen to already have a Ripmo and need it for lift service then put a cascade link. But if your searching for a bike for lift service I feel like there’s better options out there… 170 up front. 64 degree head angle, more progressive rear end
I think that's a fair take, I got mine knowing it was a great value aggressive trail/all mountain bike. The "Endurofication" is all reversible so I went down that road as my riding focus changed.

O+
Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 5:44 Quote
Finally got round to fitting the mudhugger with the fork crown mount. Feels nice and solid when bouncing around outside the garage but haven't had a chance to test it on the trail yet. Looks to be a bit more of a gap between tyre and guard than on the cable tied mudhugger that it replaced.

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 6:29 Quote
muggomagic wrote:
Finally got round to fitting the mudhugger with the fork crown mount. Feels nice and solid when bouncing around outside the garage but haven't had a chance to test it on the trail yet. Looks to be a bit more of a gap between tyre and guard than on the cable tied mudhugger that it replaced.

photo

photo

photo
Is it mounted on the Diamond or Onyx? Is there a DVO specific one or did you modify it to make it work?

O+
Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 7:20 Quote
Mounted on a Diamond, but the adapter fits both apparently

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 8:41 Quote
I'm looking to to change out my cranks to 170mm or even 165mm. What did you guys change to and what BB did you use?

Posted: Dec 23, 2021 at 6:31 Quote
SkinnieAF wrote:
I'm looking to to change out my cranks to 170mm or even 165mm. What did you guys change to and what BB did you use?
53.4 mm *chainline
I swapped to 165 immediately, would go shorter if it wasn't so expensive.
Standard shimano BB it came with

O+
Posted: Dec 23, 2021 at 9:53 Quote
Cheapest ultra short cranks I have found are these Canfields linked below. Although, often I have seen cheap used raceface cranks at 165mm for a standard 73mm BB shell where most 165mm used cranks are 83mm bb.

https://canfieldbikes.com/products/canfield-bikes-am-dh-cranks

O+
Posted: Dec 23, 2021 at 17:20 Quote
muggomagic wrote:
Mounted on a Diamond, but the adapter fits both apparently

Thanks

O+
Posted: Dec 26, 2021 at 22:54 Quote
WWJSNDO wrote:
*** SHOCK HARDWARE QUESTION ***
Anybody have an exploded view or detailed photos of the Shock Hardware Installation? I bought a Factory Float X2 to replace the DVO and want to make sure I swapped everything over correctly.
The owner of Ibis “Chuck” said they didn’t have any exploded views, pictures or instructions.

There’s an exploded view of every ibis bike in the owners manual pdf.

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2021 at 15:17 Quote
SkinnieAF wrote:
Why change your BB if you're just looking for shorter cranks?

Posted: Dec 30, 2021 at 6:00 Quote
Grilledcheesetriple wrote:
SkinnieAF wrote:
Why change your BB if you're just looking for shorter cranks?

I'm a noob. So I thought you'd have to change out your BB lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015435
Mobile Version of Website