Ripmo AF Thread

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo AF Thread
Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 12:25 Quote
Electrolabs wrote:
colenc97 wrote:
Will post a pic up today after my new wheels get here. Initial impressions: she’s not the lightest but feels really stout and solid, rear tire buzzes the seat at bottom out for my height (5’9”) so had to push it forward some to compensate, rear shock is amazingly smooth, DVO fork proves why I should only run them over anything else as always.

Over all the bike is kick ass and I really can’t wait to see how it feels on a trail in comparison to just around my college campus

Just out of curiosity, what size are you on, M or L?

Thanks

I got a Med. I talked with them about my measurements and that’s the direction they guided me toward

Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
colenc97 wrote:
Will post a pic up today after my new wheels get here. Initial impressions: she’s not the lightest but feels really stout and solid, rear tire buzzes the seat at bottom out for my height (5’9”) so had to push it forward some to compensate, rear shock is amazingly smooth, DVO fork proves why I should only run them over anything else as always.

Over all the bike is kick ass and I really can’t wait to see how it feels on a trail in comparison to just around my college campus

How long of a dropper are you running? I'm 5-7, in guessing seat buzz will be even more pronounced at my height.

Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 14:33 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
colenc97 wrote:

How long of a dropper are you running? I'm 5-7, in guessing seat buzz will be even more pronounced at my height.

I’m running the factory 160mm, but ibis included the shim to drop it to 150mm if needed

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 16:16 Quote
I got my ripmo af coming on Friday from Jensons.

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 10:30 Quote
I picked one up, very lightly used, last weekend and only have one shakedown ride. NX build with Topaz shock, Assegai front, Aggressor rear

Here are my initial findings:
The DW link really does pedal well. Climbing up some tight switchbacks felt much more efficient than my previous horst link bike. The cockpit felt a tad cramped - probably a combination of factors: I am between L/XL and went L, the steeper seat tube angle, and the backsweep on the Ibis handlebars.

Descending is what I expected - maintained speed very well. I would not say the bike is nimble, but you can put it where you want to with a little effort. I am withholding final judgement on the descending until I get the suspension dialed, but my first inclination is to say this bike is not quite able to "point and plow". But this is not really what people should expect from the bike.

More to come after i get the suspension dialed in - DVO has already been great to work with on questions I had

PSA - be sure to follow the shock and fork pressures from the Ibis set-up guide rather than the generic DVO base settings on the DVO website. The generic DVO settings were way high for the Topaz

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 15:58 Quote
nastutts wrote:
I picked one up, very lightly used, last weekend and only have one shakedown ride. NX build with Topaz shock, Assegai front, Aggressor rear

The DW link really does pedal well. Climbing up some tight switchbacks felt much more efficient than my previous horst link bike. The cockpit felt a tad cramped - probably a combination of factors: I am between L/XL and went L, the steeper seat tube angle, and the backsweep on the Ibis handlebars.

Descending is what I expected - maintained speed very well. I would not say the bike is nimble, but you can put it where you want to with a little effort. I am withholding final judgement on the descending until I get the suspension dialed, but my first inclination is to say this bike is not quite able to "point and plow". But this is not really what people should expect from the bike.

More to come after i get the suspension dialed in - DVO has already been great to work with on questions I had

PSA - be sure to follow the shock and fork pressures from the Ibis set-up guide rather than the generic DVO base settings on the DVO website. The generic DVO settings were way high for the Topaz

Did your bike have the gusset where the seat tube and down tube meet? Mine does not have it and it appears some do.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 17:25 Quote
Abby bike dog

I only got three rides on it before the snow fell.... I like the it a lot! I've had a few different long travel 29er this season my (Arktos29, Carbine, Wreckoning) and favorite is the Offering but this Ripmo-AF is fun in a different way. I dont want to say but I think it climbs better than the Offering. Also the cockpit feels tighter in the saddle than the Offering....It's not as poppy or as playful as the Offering. It needs to be man handled to get it off the ground where the Offering pops off the smallest roots/rocks... with more ride time on the Ripmo-AF I know I'll like it just as much as the Offering

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 17:48 Quote

Had the Ripmo AF a week now and love it! Came from a medium Nukeproof Mega that I adored but this thing seriously hauls.

Overforked with 180mm and running a selection of no frills, durable parts.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 2:57 Quote
Hello guys.

Does anybody know the specs on the stock Ibis handlebar that the bike comes stock with?
Im thinking of buying something similar but carbon as an upgrade.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 6:27 Quote
FiLaReToS wrote:
Hello guys.

Does anybody know the specs on the stock Ibis handlebar that the bike comes stock with?

I think Ibis has the carbon version for sale on their website

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 6:33 Quote
Kmccann137 wrote:
nastutts wrote:

Did your bike have the gusset where the seat tube and down tube meet? Mine does not have it and it appears some do.

Yes??

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
Kmccann137 wrote:
FiLaReToS wrote:
Hello guys.

I think Ibis has the carbon version for sale on their website

Yes it does but other than width it doesn't have any other spec.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 7:51 Quote
Kmccann137 wrote:
nastutts wrote:

If you guys go to Ibis website and check the FAQ's list it clearly says about the gusset. It says that they had it on the prototypes and I guess on some frames from the 1st batch that got out and then they realized that the frame doesn't need it. So they took it off.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 11:14 Quote
cheeverbrent wrote:
Anyone have a chance to ride one of these bad boys yet?

Any one? I'm super curious.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
werts wrote:
cheeverbrent wrote:
Anyone have a chance to ride one of these bad boys yet?

Any one? I'm super curious.

Yup I rode mine for 12 miles on a local trail meant for XC/trail bikes. The bike can literally be described as Ripmo As f*ck. The only things I didn't like was the weight of the NX cassette and the brakes could definitely be better. But the bike is damn near perfect in geometry and suspension.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012737
Mobile Version of Website