Ferrum Bikes

PB Forum :: Other
Ferrum Bikes
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 15:22 Quote
Anyone out there with a steel FS frame from Ferrum Bikes?

Just ordered mine and these guys were awesome to deal with. Went with their 170mm Frameset with a slight adjustment to reach.

If anyone is looking for a custom steel bike in the US I highly recommend reaching out to these guys. They went above and beyond to try to help figure out a work around option for a PayPal credit alternative for us Canadians. Super pumped to build the frame up once it arrives. If there is anyone else out there that has one throw it up here.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
Here is the new frame before powder coat.
New Custom Ferrum Steel frame.

Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 13:12 Quote
Post work un-boxing photos to come.
New frame day

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 17:53 Quote
First bits out if the box
New Ferrum frame set

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 3:57 Quote
russellherman wrote:

I just found these guys through a comment on IG, the bikes look awesome! How does it ride? What are your thoughts?

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 8:05 Quote
Nictue wrote:
russellherman wrote:

I just found these guys through a comment on IG, the bikes look awesome! How does it ride? What are your thoughts?

So far it's amazing. But coming from an older reign x with not as progressive geo as well 26 inch wheels it's hard to get a proper feel based on the first short ride. I love the seated climbing position and it pedals so much better and feels better than the reign did.

I still have a bit of work tu ING the suspension and the first ride wasn't really much of a test of its capabilities. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow if possible for my usual trail. But weather is working against me here. I'll post more as I ride.

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 14:57 Quote
Nictue wrote:
russellherman wrote:

Also just to comment on dealing with Ferrum. They were amazing to deal with and super helpful and got back to me quickly. I never managed to get out for a second ride and there is now snow on the ground so not too sure if I will get out for the next while or not. But working with Ferrum has been great otherwise. I am happy I am able to support them as a new builder in the US.

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 18:16 Quote
i think ferrum will probably be getting some business from me in the future, to bad i just bought a new giant reign 29er.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 8:12 Quote
jason114 wrote:
i think ferrum will probably be getting some business from me in the future, to bad i just bought a new giant reign 29er.

Ya I was looking at that but I wanted something different and made the decision to order just before they announced the Giant. I have an older 26" Reign and I just wanted to try something unique that I never actually had seen in person. Also wanted to help a new company starting out. I feel it was pretty good value given what they provide.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007439
Mobile Version of Website