Ferrum Bikes

PB Forum :: Other
Ferrum Bikes
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 13:28 Quote
LesZedCB wrote:
well, finally received my frame yesterday (ordered end of march) and finished the build today. came in at 37lbs flat with the following spec:

NV 170 29er:
Rockshox Lyrik Ultimate 170
DVO Topaz T3 Air
GX Eagle cranks, chain, shifter, cassette, NX derailleur
Hunt Enduro Wide 29er Wheelset with Specialized Butcher 2.3 blck dmnd casing, tubeless
Magura MT5 brakes, 203 front/rear
SDG Tellis 170mm dropper
Crankbros Mallet E pedals
Deity Topside Alu bars
Spank Spoon stem 45mm
Fabric Silicone Grips

That looks sick and that blue looks so close to what I had ordered. Have you managed to get some miles on it yet?

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 16:18 Quote
russellherman wrote:
That looks sick and that blue looks so close to what I had ordered. Have you managed to get some miles on it yet?

thanks, yeah I think they're the same. would've loved teal, but didn't want to pay extra.

I just got back from a quick ride at my local rooty xc area. ive been riding my hardtail all season so anything with squish is comfy, ha. climbing is good if noticeably heavy, steering is great, headtube slackness is just right for me. wheelbase is nice and long, I had to go all the way forward to reuse the chain I have, but I'm gonna go all the way back when I get a new chain. the lyrik is also a 2020 so I might get a 2021 180mm hairspring to fix the suck down issue, getting a little more travel.

tomorrow I'll take it to the harder stuff and see how it goes. overall I'm happy so far, and the wait was worth it.

Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 8:48 Quote
LesZedCB wrote:
well, finally received my frame yesterday (ordered end of march) and finished the build today. came in at 37lbs flat with the following spec:

NV 170 29er:
Rockshox Lyrik Ultimate 170
DVO Topaz T3 Air
GX Eagle cranks, chain, shifter, cassette, NX derailleur
Hunt Enduro Wide 29er Wheelset with Specialized Butcher 2.3 blck dmnd casing, tubeless
Magura MT5 brakes, 203 front/rear
SDG Tellis 170mm dropper
Crankbros Mallet E pedals
Deity Topside Alu bars
Spank Spoon stem 45mm
Fabric Silicone Grips

Congratulations on the new ride! That is a really sweet looking build.
The blue/green always tugs at my old Kawasaki KX500 heart strings. Hope you enjoy it and looking forward to some more ride reports.
Sadly mine has been sitting again for several weeks waiting for my ribs to heal. But I am going to be pushing my luck on it shortly.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 11:32 Quote
Hi, just thought I'd post here that I'm selling my Ferrum LV145 frame (with DVO T3 Topaz). Also OneUp dropper and DVO Diamond fork if desired..

I do truly enjoy this bike very much, but I knew going into it that it was going to be on the large side for me..so despite it being an absolute rocket at the bike park, it's just not cutting it for me as an all mountain bike, and I've decided to see what else is out there..

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3112751/

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 5:04 Quote
Has anyone caught the look of the LVN160 with a new design on the Ferrum site? Looks pretty sweet.

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 9:45 Quote
jgottya1 wrote:
Has anyone caught the look of the LVN160 with a new design on the Ferrum site? Looks pretty sweet.

Just looked it up. I love the looks of that and would love to get on one and see what it feels like compared to the original design. Might just have to update here in the next year or two.

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 21:33 Quote
looks like the leverage ratio will be much more progressive. i have the air pressure waaaaay up to avoid bottom outs. wish it wasn't so digressive. i may consider getting this frame instead once i am employed again.

| Next Page

Active Forum Threads
1 mins ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
8 mins ago - Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
11 mins ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
28 mins ago - Trail Conditions for Calgarians
30 mins ago - Revel Bikes
38 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
53 mins ago - 22 EVO Comp Alloy coming ..
56 mins ago - Holowgram crakced crank scalpel 2 2021
1 hours ago - 100 (or more) days of biking in 2021!
1 hours ago - YT Jeffsy 29 Thread
1 hours ago - Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
1 hours ago - HOW TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK {☎} +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta,Brunei,Japan
1 hours ago - Love Spells Which Manifests In 24 hours {☎} +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta,Brunei
1 hours ago - Tallboy v4 Lower link
1 hours ago - Best Online Love Spell Caster to get your Ex Lover +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta
1 hours ago - Strong And Powerful Love Spell To Win Your Ex Back +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta
1 hours ago - Money Rituals That Really Work +27735257866 in South Africa,USA,UK,Canada,Lesotho,Zambia,Zimbabwe,UAE
1 hours ago - Most Effective Money Spells to Get Rich in South Africa +27735257866 USA,UK,Canada,Lesotho,Zambia,Zimbabwe (BMX)
1 hours ago - High Quality SSD Solution for Cleaning Black Money in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho
2 hours ago - Crank question…need a little help
2 hours ago - SSD Chemical for Defaced Notes in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho,Swaziland,Kenya
2 hours ago - Ssd Super Automatic Solution in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho,Swaziland
2 hours ago - DX-1 SSD Solution and Activation Powder in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho
2 hours ago - Black Money Cleaning SSD Chemicals suppliers +27735257866 in South Africa,Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana
2 hours ago - Trek Slash 2021 ?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006178
Mobile Version of Website