Ferrum Bikes

PB Forum :: Other
Ferrum Bikes
Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 13:28 Quote
LesZedCB wrote:
well, finally received my frame yesterday (ordered end of march) and finished the build today. came in at 37lbs flat with the following spec:

NV 170 29er:
Rockshox Lyrik Ultimate 170
DVO Topaz T3 Air
GX Eagle cranks, chain, shifter, cassette, NX derailleur
Hunt Enduro Wide 29er Wheelset with Specialized Butcher 2.3 blck dmnd casing, tubeless
Magura MT5 brakes, 203 front/rear
SDG Tellis 170mm dropper
Crankbros Mallet E pedals
Deity Topside Alu bars
Spank Spoon stem 45mm
Fabric Silicone Grips

That looks sick and that blue looks so close to what I had ordered. Have you managed to get some miles on it yet?

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 16:18 Quote
russellherman wrote:
That looks sick and that blue looks so close to what I had ordered. Have you managed to get some miles on it yet?

thanks, yeah I think they're the same. would've loved teal, but didn't want to pay extra.

I just got back from a quick ride at my local rooty xc area. ive been riding my hardtail all season so anything with squish is comfy, ha. climbing is good if noticeably heavy, steering is great, headtube slackness is just right for me. wheelbase is nice and long, I had to go all the way forward to reuse the chain I have, but I'm gonna go all the way back when I get a new chain. the lyrik is also a 2020 so I might get a 2021 180mm hairspring to fix the suck down issue, getting a little more travel.

tomorrow I'll take it to the harder stuff and see how it goes. overall I'm happy so far, and the wait was worth it.

Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 8:48 Quote
LesZedCB wrote:
well, finally received my frame yesterday (ordered end of march) and finished the build today. came in at 37lbs flat with the following spec:

NV 170 29er:
Rockshox Lyrik Ultimate 170
DVO Topaz T3 Air
GX Eagle cranks, chain, shifter, cassette, NX derailleur
Hunt Enduro Wide 29er Wheelset with Specialized Butcher 2.3 blck dmnd casing, tubeless
Magura MT5 brakes, 203 front/rear
SDG Tellis 170mm dropper
Crankbros Mallet E pedals
Deity Topside Alu bars
Spank Spoon stem 45mm
Fabric Silicone Grips

Congratulations on the new ride! That is a really sweet looking build.
The blue/green always tugs at my old Kawasaki KX500 heart strings. Hope you enjoy it and looking forward to some more ride reports.
Sadly mine has been sitting again for several weeks waiting for my ribs to heal. But I am going to be pushing my luck on it shortly.

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 11:32 Quote
Hi, just thought I'd post here that I'm selling my Ferrum LV145 frame (with DVO T3 Topaz). Also OneUp dropper and DVO Diamond fork if desired..

I do truly enjoy this bike very much, but I knew going into it that it was going to be on the large side for me..so despite it being an absolute rocket at the bike park, it's just not cutting it for me as an all mountain bike, and I've decided to see what else is out there..

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3112751/

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 5:04 Quote
Has anyone caught the look of the LVN160 with a new design on the Ferrum site? Looks pretty sweet.

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 9:45 Quote
jgottya1 wrote:
Has anyone caught the look of the LVN160 with a new design on the Ferrum site? Looks pretty sweet.

Just looked it up. I love the looks of that and would love to get on one and see what it feels like compared to the original design. Might just have to update here in the next year or two.

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 21:33 Quote
looks like the leverage ratio will be much more progressive. i have the air pressure waaaaay up to avoid bottom outs. wish it wasn't so digressive. i may consider getting this frame instead once i am employed again.

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 12:13 Quote
Rough Geometry measurements of a Size 2 Ferrum LV145 -with 2X 29 and 51mm fork offset- from Picture Sketch

Take these measurements with a grain of salt.
Pictured bike features a Ferrum LV145 in Size 2
2X 29" wheels
51 mm fork offset
150 mm fork travel

Posted: Dec 9, 2021 at 6:35 Quote
New build starting!

Posted: Dec 19, 2021 at 8:19 Quote
HonzoBro wrote:
Well, finally got my rig together earlier this week. I wanted to get a few rides in before posting/commenting. I went with a large 170mm (actually 165mm with my setup) with the DVO Onyx SC @180 and the Jade X with MRP progressive spring. Build is Hope tech V4’s with stainless lines, White Industries crankset/BB and headset and MRP bash\guide. RF Atlas cash money bars, I9 stem, OURY lock ons, One Up 180mm post, One Up pedals, Hadley Hubs on Stans Flow EX (mullet) Maxxis DH/dual ply DHF both ends, Deore driveline (tired of chewing through aluminum climbing gears on pricier cassettes and eating nicer deraileurs).

So how’s it ride? The thing rips. Bike absolutely eats up the chunk and takes bigger hits very well. Climbs tech uphill very well too with the Jade X. Absolute weapon and I couldn’t be happier with how it’s performing. Still dialing suspension in here and there, but out of the box the Jade X gets along very very well with the frame. Also super pleased with the Onyx SC (first time on DVO) and the OTT future is killer.

The guys at Ferrum were super cool throughout the whole process and very helpful. Everything was packet well and they even included a jar of touch up paint Which is over the top attention to detail in my book. To anyone on the fence, pull the trigger, you won’t be disappointed

Thanks. Since I busted my aluminum Canfield One frame with 200mm coil, I’m looking at the same frame as yours, NV 170, (to compliment my light 105mm XC bike, a S.C. Blur XCc).
I like Hope Tech four pistons brakes and coil shock.

How wide a DH tire could fit?

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 6:15 Quote
trailnuts wrote:
HonzoBro wrote:
Well, finally got my rig together earlier this week. I wanted to get a few rides in before posting/commenting. I went with a large 170mm (actually 165mm with my setup) with the DVO Onyx SC @180 and the Jade X with MRP progressive spring. Build is Hope tech V4’s with stainless lines, White Industries crankset/BB and headset and MRP bash\guide. RF Atlas cash money bars, I9 stem, OURY lock ons, One Up 180mm post, One Up pedals, Hadley Hubs on Stans Flow EX (mullet) Maxxis DH/dual ply DHF both ends, Deore driveline (tired of chewing through aluminum climbing gears on pricier cassettes and eating nicer deraileurs).

So how’s it ride? The thing rips. Bike absolutely eats up the chunk and takes bigger hits very well. Climbs tech uphill very well too with the Jade X. Absolute weapon and I couldn’t be happier with how it’s performing. Still dialing suspension in here and there, but out of the box the Jade X gets along very very well with the frame. Also super pleased with the Onyx SC (first time on DVO) and the OTT future is killer.

The guys at Ferrum were super cool throughout the whole process and very helpful. Everything was packet well and they even included a jar of touch up paint Which is over the top attention to detail in my book. To anyone on the fence, pull the trigger, you won’t be disappointed

Thanks. Since I busted my aluminum Canfield One frame with 200mm coil, I’m looking at the same frame as yours, NV 170, (to compliment my light 105mm XC bike, a S.C. Blur XCc).
I like Hope Tech four pistons brakes and coil shock.

How wide a DH tire could fit?

Hey i broke mine, too. Where did it fail? Downtube shock mount?

Posted: Dec 21, 2021 at 7:20 Quote
I have never gone bigger than the 27.5 / 2.5 DHF WT in the back, lots of clearance though.

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 12:16 Quote
All done!

First ride planned for this Sunday

Posted: Dec 23, 2021 at 20:14 Quote
Gilbo182 wrote:
All done!

First ride planned for this Sunday

Which frame did you go with? I’m waiting patiently for my LV145, all the parts are sitting in boxes in my garage to be put on.

Also, do you have a link to the green brake line / shifter cable tie downs you used? Or it just zip ties. Can’t tell. Sweet looking rig. Excited to see how you like it.

Posted: Dec 28, 2021 at 17:07 Quote
I went with the NV170. I've only gotten one ride on it. Some mellow xc trails. I definately notice the length on tighter trails, but It is a beast on long straights.

I need to change the spring, It feels a little over spring. I might go with a single rate instead.

The cable ties are just zip ties.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WCX1RDQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.028245
Mobile Version of Website