PB Forum :: Other
Ferrum Bikes
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 4, 2020 at 16:39 Quote
Any more ride reports?

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
EVYJR wrote:
Any more ride reports?

Unfortunately I really have not been able to get on the bike much at all since I rode Big White. Hoping I might get a couple of fall rides in here. Its hunting season so until a tag is filled that is sort of priority at the moment tbh.

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 14:41 Quote
Sounds good.
I have mine setup pretty weird and wanted a standard perspective.

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 17:29 Quote
Well, finally got my rig together earlier this week. I wanted to get a few rides in before posting/commenting. I went with a large 170mm (actually 165mm with my setup) with the DVO Onyx SC @180 and the Jade X with MRP progressive spring. Build is Hope tech V4’s with stainless lines, White Industries crankset/BB and headset and MRP bash\guide. RF Atlas cash money bars, I9 stem, OURY lock ons, One Up 180mm post, One Up pedals, Hadley Hubs on Stans Flow EX (mullet) Maxxis DH/dual ply DHF both ends, Deore driveline (tired of chewing through aluminum climbing gears on pricier cassettes and eating nicer deraileurs).

So how’s it ride? The thing rips. Bike absolutely eats up the chunk and takes bigger hits very well. Climbs tech uphill very well too with the Jade X. Absolute weapon and I couldn’t be happier with how it’s performing. Still dialing suspension in here and there, but out of the box the Jade X gets along very very well with the frame. Also super pleased with the Onyx SC (first time on DVO) and the OTT future is killer.

The guys at Ferrum were super cool throughout the whole process and very helpful. Everything was packet well and they even included a jar of touch up paint Which is over the top attention to detail in my book. To anyone on the fence, pull the trigger, you won’t be disappointed

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 9:42 Quote
HonzoBro wrote:
Well, finally got my rig together earlier this week. I wanted to get a few rides in before posting/commenting. I went with a large 170mm (actually 165mm with my setup) with the DVO Onyx SC @180 and the Jade X with MRP progressive spring. Build is Hope tech V4’s with stainless lines, White Industries crankset/BB and headset and MRP bash\guide. RF Atlas cash money bars, I9 stem, OURY lock ons, One Up 180mm post, One Up pedals, Hadley Hubs on Stans Flow EX (mullet) Maxxis DH/dual ply DHF both ends, Deore driveline (tired of chewing through aluminum climbing gears on pricier cassettes and eating nicer deraileurs).

So how’s it ride? The thing rips. Bike absolutely eats up the chunk and takes bigger hits very well. Climbs tech uphill very well too with the Jade X. Absolute weapon and I couldn’t be happier with how it’s performing. Still dialing suspension in here and there, but out of the box the Jade X gets along very very well with the frame. Also super pleased with the Onyx SC (first time on DVO) and the OTT future is killer.

The guys at Ferrum were super cool throughout the whole process and very helpful. Everything was packet well and they even included a jar of touch up paint Which is over the top attention to detail in my book. To anyone on the fence, pull the trigger, you won’t be disappointed ????

Oh damn, that color is so sick!

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 18:47 Quote
Thanks! Its illusion violet, an eye catcher for sure!

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 15:05 Quote
That thing looks great. I really do wish I had gone the Jade with a progressive coil now. Something I may consider for next season. I really wish I could have ridden it more than I did but just couldnt get out to really push it. Glad you are enjoying it.

HonzoBro wrote:

The guys at Ferrum were super cool throughout the whole process and very helpful. Everything was packet well and they even included a jar of touch up paint Which is over the top attention to detail in my book. To anyone on the fence, pull the trigger, you won’t be disappointed

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 13:50 Quote
Any 200+ lbs fast riders put these bikes to the test? Curious on durability and coil shock compatibility.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 16:03 Quote
6’1” 232 pounds ride aggressively LV 145 with Jade X coil 600 pound LS spring. I bottom the shock on basic east coast trails here in PA. If you are heavy get an air shock.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 17:05 Quote
EVYJR wrote:
6’1” 232 pounds ride aggressively LV 145 with Jade X coil 600 pound LS spring. I bottom the shock on basic east coast trails here in PA. If you are heavy get an air shock.

230lbs and aggressive, we have fast, steep and loose trails here in southwest British Columbia. The leverage ratio puts me off a bit, using a 50mm stroke to get 145mm of travel is a lot. My current giant reign 29 uses a 60mm stroke to get 146mm of travel and im using a 525lb/in spring to get proper sag. not sure i would be able to get proper sag from and air shock either without hitting max pressure.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 19:55 Quote
jason114 wrote:
EVYJR wrote:

230lbs and aggressive, we have fast, steep and loose trails here in southwest British Columbia. The leverage ratio puts me off a bit, using a 50mm stroke to get 145mm of travel is a lot. My current giant reign 29 uses a 60mm stroke to get 146mm of travel and im using a 525lb/in spring to get proper sag. not sure i would be able to get proper sag from and air shock either without hitting max pressure.

You could always see about getting something tuned from DVO before they send it to Ferrum so that it is custom tuned for your style and weight. I have called DVO a couple of times and I am sure they would be open to that if you work with Ferrum and them from when you order the frame so it can arrive on time and set up the way you want.

Something to consider anyways.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011431
Mobile Version of Website