bike sizing question and bike upgrade

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
bike sizing question and bike upgrade
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 12:16 Quote
yes im currently in the process of buying a bike and i had a question in terms of bike sizing and how much it matters. the bike i am looking to get they suggest i buy a large. on their sizing chart it says due to my height thats what i should buy in terms of size. however they currently dont have a large in stock and have not for a while. however their mediums the suggested height is 5'4-5'10 ( large 5'11-6'4) well im 5'11 could i get away with a medium still. personally i think the medium would be better because i feel since its smaller i could throw it around more and its not like its so undersized for my height its only an inch. i am still pretty new to this so i dont know how sizing really effects the bike and i was seeing if anyone had any advice or suggestions on this. also the suspension on the bike which is an enduro bike is 160/155. since most riding will be trail riding this is fine, however i do goto the bike park every once in a while. can i put a 170 fork on the bike even though its not a dh bike and does buying a fork with more travel compromise the performance of the bike

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 13:01 Quote
if you are going to pay a big amount, demo something with similar geometry. it's not just about overall height, but inseam and torso too. especially since you are going to be pedalling and not gravity riding all the time

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010437
Mobile Version of Website