2020 Patrol

PB Forum :: Transition
2020 Patrol
Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 11:05 Quote
I am 170 pounds out of the shower, probably 180-ish geared up on 2020 Patrol aluminum with the Super Deluxe Ultimate.

I started with the stock 450# spring which worked well most places but struggled with traction on loose and rooty climbs (I use my Patrol more a trail bike than a park bike). Dropped down to a 400 pound spring and traction is greatly improved. I do bottom it out most every ride but not harshly and not on every drop/descent.

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 18:27 Quote
Are these bikes able to take a 180mm fork. I’m building a 2020 patrol frame up and got my hands on a fox 36 180. It shouldn’t make a massive difference should it?

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 19:24 Quote
Kyle-gwynne wrote:
Are these bikes able to take a 180mm fork. I’m building a 2020 patrol frame up and got my hands on a fox 36 180. It shouldn’t make a massive difference should it?

One of the guys at transition built an alloy one up with a 180mm fork and an angleset even for park riding, So it will probably be fine...

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 19:49 Quote
Kyle-gwynne wrote:

It will slacken the angles by ~1°. You should be able to reduce the travel to 170mm internally without too much trouble. I think that the geometry is perfect at 170mm and I don't think I would want it any more raked out, but that's just me. It is very balanced and rides like a dream. I worry that slackening it would cause significant wheel flop.

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 19:58 Quote
Kyle-gwynne wrote:

Here is what I found from Fox in regards to reducing travel. If you don't want to do it I imagine your local shop could definitely get it done.

https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=849

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 1:18 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
Kyle-gwynne wrote:

One of the guys at transition built an alloy one up with a 180mm fork and an angleset even for park riding, So it will probably be fine...

Thank you this gives me a little peace of mind and if I don’t like it it’s easily changeable

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 1:19 Quote
SurfDirt wrote:
Kyle-gwynne wrote:

It will slacken the angles by ~1°. You should be able to reduce the travel to 170mm internally without too much trouble. I think that the geometry is perfect at 170mm and I don't think I would want it any more raked out, but that's just me. It is very balanced and rides like a dream. I worry that slackening it would cause significant wheel flop.

If I don’t like it I’d be able to change it that’s a good thing then! Thank you, gotta try it out first!

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 1:20 Quote
SurfDirt wrote:
Kyle-gwynne wrote:

Here is what I found from Fox in regards to reducing travel. If you don't want to do it I imagine your local shop could definitely get it done.

https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=849

Thank you. This is probably what is going to be done XD

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 17:09 Quote
Kyle-gwynne wrote:

10mm difference slackens the head angle about 0.4 degrees, or about the same as the difference between 20% and 25% fork sag. You should be fine with the 180.

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 8:28 Quote
Hey guys,

Is there any indication on a updated Patrol model anytime soon? Maybe a 29er model?

Thank u

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 17:30 Quote
YETI575GR wrote:
Hey guys,

Is there any indication on a updated Patrol model anytime soon? Maybe a 29er model?

Thank u

TR seems to follow a 3 year product cycle so I’d expect to see a new patrol this October. It will likely follow same carbon construction you see on the newly updated scout & sentinel.

A 29r patrol is pretty much a sentinel :-)

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 7:38 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
YETI575GR wrote:
Hey guys,

Thank u

TR seems to follow a 3 year product cycle so I’d expect to see a new patrol this October. It will likely follow same carbon construction you see on the newly updated scout & sentinel.

A 29r patrol is pretty much a sentinel :-)

@squattiePippen thank you for the reply.

Actually I am looking for a new bike and Sentinel is one of the bikes that really interest me. I was thinking if there was a chance to see a 170/170 "super enduro" bike from TR, that's why I am wondering if there is any speculation for a 29 Patrol Smile

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 12:29 Quote
Seriously contemplating picking up the XO1 build. Is there anything you all would recommend against or for? How are the Anvil parts?

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 13:23 Quote
Heckler44 wrote:
Seriously contemplating picking up the XO1 build. Is there anything you all would recommend against or for? How are the Anvil parts?

brand new or used? you just missed a good patrol sale where everything was 20% off... that sale usually reappears in late September to October as each new patrol has been launched a few weeks to a month after sale starts.

ANVL components are great. the bars are straightforward and have good qualities about them. geo isn't my favorite, but i'll deal with it haha.

ANVL Stem is incredible. not only is it one of the best looking stems out there, when paired with ANVL bars alignment is really easy as there are guides on the stem and bars to get your cockpit dialed in.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
So now that the Spur has been released, the Patrol is the last model still running the older version. When do you think we should expect the new Patrol to be released ?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005721
Mobile Version of Website