2020 Patrol

PB Forum :: Transition
2020 Patrol
O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 15:05 Quote
polassonde wrote:
So now that the Spur has been released, the Patrol is the last model still running the older version. When do you think we should expect the new Patrol to be released ?

my best guess is september/october. looking at the history, Patrols have always been launched in these months

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 14:54 Quote
Hi,
is there an information or is somebody knows how progressive is V3 Patrol (on coil)?

tnx
Matej

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 17:10 Quote
cityrocker wrote:
Hi,
is there an information or is somebody knows how progressive is V3 Patrol (on coil)?

tnx
Matej

11%
So not very progressive at all
Cascade link bumps it up to 24%

FL
Posted: Sep 30, 2020 at 8:54 Quote
I put a DVO JadeX Coil on my 2019 Patrol and I would not want any more progression. I had to slow the rebound way down just for it to play nice.

Posted: Sep 30, 2020 at 14:36 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
cityrocker wrote:
Hi,

tnx
Matej

11%

11% it's not suitable for coil shock. I'm wondering why they sell and promote them with coil shocks.
Unfortunately Cascade links don't work with the carbon version and fox DHX2.

Posted: Sep 30, 2020 at 14:56 Quote
cityrocker wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
cityrocker wrote:
Hi,

tnx
Matej

11%

11% it's not suitable for coil shock. I'm wondering why they sell and promote them with coil shocks.

They sell them and they work because they make massive amounts of traction. If you are a larger rider 200lbs+ you may want a more progressive setup or an air shock you can load up with volume spacers. With 160mm of travel there is plenty of time to slow the wheel down given you are running the correct spring and sag, the high progressive shock rate push is a small travel bike fad.

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2020 at 8:05 Quote
They sell them and they work because they make massive amounts of traction. If you are a larger rider 200lbs+ you may want a more progressive setup or an air shock you can load up with volume spacers. With 160mm of travel there is plenty of time to slow the wheel down given you are running the correct spring and sag, the high progressive shock rate push is a small travel bike fad.[/Quote]

I would add that the base tune on my 2020 aluminum (with SD Ultimate coil) seems to be pretty heavily damped. I weigh about 170 pounds and run my compression damping wide open. It works well for me.

Posted: Nov 15, 2020 at 11:58 Quote
cityrocker wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
cityrocker wrote:
Hi,

tnx
Matej

11%

What coils work with a cascade link?
Stories EXT?
Push 11-6?
Super Deluxe?
Thanks guys.

I’ve just bought a 2020 patrol with the dhx2 and a bit gutted cascade link won’t work...

Posted: Nov 15, 2020 at 20:18 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
cityrocker wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

11%

What coils work with a cascade link?
Stories EXT?
Push 11-6?
Super Deluxe?
Thanks guys.

I’ve just bought a 2020 patrol with the dhx2 and a bit gutted cascade link won’t work...

11-6 and DVO Jade are a safe bet. I wouldn't be surprised if the EXT fits since it has a small resi, but haven't heard of anyone trying. Super deluxe for sure will not clear with CC link.

Posted: Mar 15, 2021 at 8:20 Quote
SurfDirt wrote:
I'm 160lbs with gear riding a LG with a 450lb spring on a Fox DHX2. It is the perfect balance between plush, playful, and bottom out resistant. I would not personally want anything softer or stiffer.
Hi I’m just wondering what’s your suspension set up of your bike

Posted: Mar 15, 2021 at 8:21 Quote
Hi I’m just wondering what is your suspension set up of bike may I know what’s lsr,hsr lsc hsc

Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 0:41 Quote
photo
patrol 2020 + 2022 fox 38

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019669
Mobile Version of Website