Slope style setup

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Slope style setup
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 1:30 Quote
I'm looking at how others run there dual suspension dirt jumper MTB. Like do you go max pressure in the rear shock or do you set sag? Do you run front the same as rear or do you want pop from the forks?
Also how do you hardtail DJ guys run your forks? Do you have them hard as possible or softer for pop off the lip?
Thanks guys, just looking for the extra edge I might get from your setups. Open to more knowledge anytime.
Snyds

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 4:12 Quote
Emil Johansson Bike Check:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4yknPvM0Hc

Brett Rheeder Bike Check:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIjuWSxb9o8

I think this could answer your question Wink

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 1:33 Quote
Yeah seen that, but I was actually wanting to hear how the guys on here run their bikes.
Thanks

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 13:53 Quote
Depends on the bike. I had a P.Slope, and it was crazy stiff with lower PSI than what you would have on an MTB, because of the very low leverage ratio.

The nice thing about Slopestyle bikes is that they are adjustable on the fly. I ran slightly more compliant suspension with lower PSI, and used compression adjusters depending on what I was riding. Full lockout rear and front for pump tracks, pedal or lockout mode with mid compression for dirt jumps, fully open front and rear for street riding so I can roll down stairs and land to flat.

Generally, if you are just looking to dirt jump, Id get a hardtail DJ over a slopestyle. Slopestyle bikes are great if you like tricks, because you can take them to bike parks and do the flowy jump lines, with FS handling the rougher landings, but even on full lockout they don't compare to the hardtails for pumping, which you often need to do on your local bmx lines without much elevation.

Fork wise, if the local BMX guys are hitting the jumps with their bmx bikes, you just need something stiff enough to pump, with the compliance coming in if you f*ck up a landing and land your nose into a roller. If you want to ride bigger jumps, especially with less than optimal run ups, having a better fork helps. Likewise, for pump tracks, you want to run a locked out front, so you probably want compression adjustment on higher end forks as well.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007320
Mobile Version of Website