2019 TUES AL headset replacement

PB Forum :: YT Industries
2019 TUES AL headset replacement
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 16:25 Quote
I'm looking to replace the headset on my 2019 YT tues al. The stock one has been creaking since day one. Does anyone know a complete headset with cups that I can replace it with? Thanks

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 1:50 Quote
If I’m not mistaken, the aluminum tues uses a zero stack headset and I think the cane creek zero stack headset works. If it’s the carbon model that uses integrated bearing then the only bearings that seem to work are the Acros ones.

Edit: I think the older jeffsy AL could use cane creek headsets but I’m actually not too sure about the new Tues. I’m actually doubtful of it, probably best to email YT and ask but don’t be surprised if they tell you that they only know of the Acros headsets working.

Biggest regret about my YT bikes is the headsets. Acros is absolute garbage and overpriced for when you need to replace the bearings (because you’ll have to every heat)

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 12:52 Quote
I called YT and unfortunately i had to go with the acros. I dont understand why they designed their frame around a junk headset. First one didnt even last 2 months.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 10:20 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
If I’m not mistaken, the aluminum tues uses a zero stack headset and I think the cane creek zero stack headset works. If it’s the carbon model that uses integrated bearing then the only bearings that seem to work are the Acros ones.

Edit: I think the older jeffsy AL could use cane creek headsets but I’m actually not too sure about the new Tues. I’m actually doubtful of it, probably best to email YT and ask but don’t be surprised if they tell you that they only know of the Acros headsets working.

Biggest regret about my YT bikes is the headsets. Acros is absolute garbage and overpriced for when you need to replace the bearings (because you’ll have to every heat)

I thought some of the mob ran reach adjust headsets last year? Just ordered a XL CF pro as that's all that was in stock. Was hoping to reduce the reach. So for the carbon ones we can only buy across?

Previous Page | Next Page

Active Forum Threads
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006553
Mobile Version of Website