School me on how to use data for training, bike computers, power meters

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
School me on how to use data for training, bike computers, power meters
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 3:47 Quote
Want to use data for training and nerd interest. But unsure on all the different connectivity standards and how devices connect with software

Want to measure watts, heart rate, distance, speed, connect to Strava

In what ways are bike computers better than app/phone?

Will a power meter from one brand send data to any bike computer? Or are they brand specific

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 23:57 Quote
danielfeary wrote:
Want to use data for training and nerd interest. But unsure on all the different connectivity standards and how devices connect with software

Want to measure watts, heart rate, distance, speed, connect to Strava

In what ways are bike computers better than app/phone?

Will a power meter from one brand send data to any bike computer? Or are they brand specific

No joke - go to some roadie forum. Almost everyone there have PhD in that data stuff and you will find tons of how-to's and advices. If you took that data stuff away from them half of them would stop riding probably - yes thats how boring road riding can be - you need gazillion devices to distract yourself from the main point - to ride because of the ride Big Grin

Personally i care more if i will clear new double they build or not - fully analog way, without any data and hopefully without going OTB. There are many reasons why we ride... Big Grin

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 21:09 Quote
onyxss wrote:

No joke - go to some roadie forum. Almost everyone there have PhD in that data stuff and you will find tons of how-to's and advices. If you took that data stuff away from them half of them would stop riding probably - yes thats how boring road riding can be - you need gazillion devices to distract yourself from the main point - to ride because of the ride Big Grin

Personally i care more if i will clear new double they build or not - fully analog way, without any data and hopefully without going OTB. There are many reasons why we ride... Big Grin

All good points.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007240
Mobile Version of Website